Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jürgen Klopp King of the Kop - WHY?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I live in Liverpool and can tell you why he is already their king, passion and track record. Klopp passionately believes in his philosophy of management / football and has already done the business else where, in no time at all he has the fans, the players and the city believing he can do the same for LFC. Contrast his passion with the emotionless Brendan Rogers and Klopp has within days of arriving become not only the King but the Messiah of Merseyside! Random things breaking his glasses whilst celebrating with the players against Norwich, has just added to why he has so quickly become so popular. He genuinely seems to love the players, the club and the city and they love him back. That is why Klopp is King of the Kop.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because everyone (Liverpool) knows the squad is a bit 'Rodgers' (mmmm-eh) and that Klopp will bring in his type of player after a clear out in the summer, in a leisurely considered fashion I(as opposed to in the winter panic period). That and becuase they like the honesty, humour and passion. Simple really :shrug:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Even ignoring the catchy rhyme, why are they selling scarves with his face on?

Hughton has been with us for over a year now and this season has started excellently for him but I don't see his face adorning scarves proclaiming him king of the Albion.

Gus Poyet was the most successful Albion manager in over 30 years. Did he get his face on a scarf?

How many games was Gus when we had this? what had he achieved up to that point?
CUFfjfFXIAA2esL.jpg

I'm not angry so much as I'm confused.

If I saw scarves with Sami Hyypia's face on a few weeks after his appointment I'd be utterly embarrassed. Just as I would were we selling tat boldly celebrating any manager whose tenure was less than three months in.

Perhaps I'm old skool in believing you should ACHIEVE SOMETHING before being heralded as the new messiah

Did it do him or the team any harm in the fans backing him from the start rather than wait for success before deciding to? There is a case to suggest it helped when you compare the reluctance to get behind other managers like Adams mk II or Hyppia

Because he's their manager and they're backing him. I think you'll find that at most clubs, maybe more with Klopp because it rhymes.

To get so angry about it confuses me.

Yet some of our fans feel that they have to rewarded by the team or manager first before they decide to back our set up, i guess out of some sense of arrogance or self entitlement (see Colossal Squid as a case in point)

Possibly why we have very few songs for our players and a reluctance to sing about them or our manager (instead choosing to only really sing about the chairman instead)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First sensible post on this thread.

I think that's it. Fans seem to be going all in on this guy simply because they CRAVE an idol and just haven't had anyone filling the void left by Stevie G.

I actually like Klopp from what I've seen, and wish him well, but if I were him I'd be a bit sheepish about how quickly the fanbase have started to revere him

Not this. The Liverpool die hards I know, like my Red mate down the road, live very much in the present, love the good games, and hate the bad games, just like most supporters. Several other posters on this thread have given the right answers. Your perception seems to resonate somewhat with the bollocks spouted by Boris a year or so ago (which resulted in his grovelling apology). The idea that scousers are some sort of mental defectives with absurd cravings is rediculous sterotyping. Hang on, just back from seeing my Red mate - where have my hub caps gone, FFS??? :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've got two really good mates who are southern bin dippers. They love him. When you compare him to Rogers you can probably see why :lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not this. The Liverpool die hards I know, like my Red mate down the road, live very much in the present, love the good games, and hate the bad games, just like most supporters. Several other posters on this thread have given the right answers. Your perception seems to resonate somewhat with the bollocks spouted by Boris a year or so ago (which resulted in his grovelling apology). The idea that scousers are some sort of mental defectives with absurd cravings is rediculous sterotyping. Hang on, just back from seeing my Red mate - where have my hub caps gone, FFS??? :wink:

If the stereotypes are correct, you probably tried to shag him up the arse while he was nicking them.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
He's cult already
Imagine a Brighton manager banging his chest on the touchline, we would be loving it whether he's been in the job 5 mins or not

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm not angry so much as I'm confused.

If I saw scarves with Sami Hyypia's face on a few weeks after his appointment I'd be utterly embarrassed. Just as I would were we selling tat boldly celebrating any manager whose tenure was less than three months in.

Perhaps I'm old skool in believing you should ACHIEVE SOMETHING before being heralded as the new messiah

I know you start the thread because you just don't like Liverpudlians but I thought I'd just point out it didn't take you long to start a new thread hailing Hemed.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?325447-Tomer-Hemed&highlight=

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here