Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jürgen Klopp King of the Kop - WHY?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They wouldn't make them if people didn't buy them.

My query was over why as a fan you would want to proudly proclaim this man to be your king after just 3 months at the helm and no achievements to date

Tourists, even we get em!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Because they're a fanbase seemingly obsessed with their history and the icons that've played for (and managed them) them over the years. Lacking any current 'legends' since Gerrard left it looks like all that faith has landed on Klopp instead.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
So, I reckon that fans and media will cut Klopp more slack because of his charming personality and animated style. (In my view, it should be very rare for clubs to get rid of a manager after less than a full term anyhow)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Liverpool were a credit to the nation winning 4 European cups in 7 years between 77-84 a bit like the beatles

And they won't shut up about it.

Liverpool annoy me. One club that lives so ridiculously in the past.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting how so many Liverpool fans are 40+ so many sheep in the 80's...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can understand why they're going crazy for him but with his present squad they'll be lucky to make the Europa League. I fancy they could be a real handful next season and a force again in 2017/18. He needs one or two of his Dortmund players in the dressing room though

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Personally, I think he has been a breath of fresh air to the premier league. Honest with the press, cheerful, exhuberant, charismatic, doesn't cause offence, loyal to his players, and has a good relationship with the fans. Has a good track record in Germany. Certainly has a better rapport with the fans than most of their more recent managers.

The correct answer. He had built a rapport with the fans that is reminiscent of shankly. It appears to me that the fans see something in him and like him. Only time will tell if he can deliver on the pitch. It may be over the top but he has bought a wave of optimism to the club.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Because they're a fanbase seemingly obsessed with their history and the icons that've played for (and managed them) them over the years. Lacking any current 'legends' since Gerrard left it looks like all that faith has landed on Klopp instead.

First sensible post on this thread.

I think that's it. Fans seem to be going all in on this guy simply because they CRAVE an idol and just haven't had anyone filling the void left by Stevie G.

I actually like Klopp from what I've seen, and wish him well, but if I were him I'd be a bit sheepish about how quickly the fanbase have started to revere him

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder if Jurgen has a son called Clip

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And they won't shut up about it.

Liverpool annoy me. One club that lives so ridiculously in the past.

All clubs live in the past because all football fans do. it is just more pronounced with liverpool because their past glories are in such stark contrast to what is happening now.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Presumably it's because, despite being a bit cack for several years, they are one of the biggest clubs in Europe with the global fan base to match. Plenty of day trippers(if you'll excuse the unintentional beatles pun) and tourists from all over the world will go to Anfield and want a souvenir from the game. Klopp is probably the most iconic figure at the club at the moment regardless of the fact he's only been there a few months. I'm sure there's other tat pertaining to the players too.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How does the output of one tat seller outside Anfield represent what Liverpool fans think?

Anyway, it rhymes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here