Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jozy Altidore to sign today/tomorrow

Oct 25, 2003
He's played 71 times for the US. 71 times!! Jesus christ.

usa seem to have loads of players who have played for them a ridiculous amount of times....Landon Donovan has 156 caps to his name at age 32 and he isn't even their top appearance maker. In fact all of their top 10 appearance makers have over 100 caps. Do they just play loads of games or something?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Will thia be a loan or permanent? Judging by poyets comments on the link I cant see it happening

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
a hunch or specific info....... he really is shite,

after Barn door Davies, Barn door Billy and barn door Barnes, the barn door vacancy is currently open

Are you aware of the impact that a statement like this has on your credibility?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He's an odd one. A joke figure for most of his time in England, but a very good USA side missed him when he was injured at the World Cup finals.

Put me down as undecided.

he's more of a Heskey type, strong but pretty pants as a striker in his own right, but maybe like Heskey, he could improve those around him with hold up play, flicks etc

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
He's an odd one. A joke figure for most of his time in England, but a very good USA side missed him when he was injured at the World Cup finals.

He's great physically, holds ball up well, fast, strong. Great person to play around up top but lacks a bit of intelligence of movement to score goals at the very top level is my reading. I think his goals ratio in Holland would be a good indicator he'd be able to score in the Championship though. I follow the USA team relatively closely and he's crucial for them, they look totally different with or without him.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
he's more of a Heskey type, strong but pretty pants as a striker in his own right, but maybe like Heskey, he could improve those around him with hold up play, flicks etc
But we already have COG who can do that stuff,.... why have another expensive one.?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Wouldn't be a bad signing imo. It would raise our profile in the US of A. We are PL ready, right?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He'd be very good at this level IMO. For those who say underwhelming/ect who exactly are you expecting us to sign? Serious question.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yay, another player slated who people have never seen play. He did fantastically well at the same level as Danny Holla so I'd certainly give him a chance if he signed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

If we were talking about his performance at the highest level, then I agree. But I think I'd be very happy for him to come here if he's a good price. He'd score plenty at this level, as his record at NYRB and AZ Alkmaar would suggest, and would be far better value than Sam Baldock.

23 goals in 71 national team appearances too. Not too shabby.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All this chat, based on one post. Jesus Christ.

More about the merits of the player, than giving any credibility to the chance of him coming here. Personally, I don't think we stand a chance - he's far too good for the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here