Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh King

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Us AFCB fans mystified why no one hasn't offered £15 million - which I reckon would get him. Not sure what his wage demands would be..

The thing is - when he was played up front on his own, he scored 16 in the season. Quite a few of us would have gladly seen Wilson go a couple of years ago if JK could have been kept as the main striker. Hey ho..

Thanks for your information on this.

You can tell most posters on this site rate the lad too but we’re not going to spend £15m on a player whose contract runs out in 9 months.

I still hope we get him though.

How is Solanke doing?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Us AFCB fans mystified why no one hasn't offered £15 million - which I reckon would get him. Not sure what his wage demands would be..

The thing is - when he was played up front on his own, he scored 16 in the season. Quite a few of us would have gladly seen Wilson go a couple of years ago if JK could have been kept as the main striker. Hey ho..

As a neutral I'm a bit surprised too. I would take King over Wilson all day long.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Thanks for your information on this.

You can tell most posters on this site rate the lad too but we’re not going to spend £15m on a player whose contract runs out in 9 months.

I still hope we get him though.

How is Solanke doing?

Well...let’s say he’s doing ok and being a nuisance I suppose. Very tidy etc, but jury out a little. Hope he keeps improving. Danjuma stepping up has helped, although obviously he’s injured now.

Same old, same old eh.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t get really get supporters worries about A. How much a player cost & B. What he earns surely the club know what they can afford and we just want to be entertained on Saturday :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don’t get really get supporters worries about A. How much a player cost & B. What he earns surely the club know what they can afford and we just want to be entertained on Saturday :shrug:

Yeah but we don't know that do we? We don't know if we're not looking at Player X because of fee, wages, skills, temperament. So we need a striker, we don't appear to be looking at JK, if we were sat in a pub discussing it, we'd probably be going through the scenarios of why not. :shrug:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He seems like exactly what we need, at a reasonable price. But haven’t seen us linked at all. If he’s prepared to go to West Brom, surely he’d speak to us as well? It’s all very confusing.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He seems like exactly what we need, at a reasonable price. But haven’t seen us linked at all. If he’s prepared to go to West Brom, surely he’d speak to us as well? It’s all very confusing.

Who needs a proven forward like King, when we've got Ali J and Gross who chip in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

We were linked in some paper months ago. That said, we weren’t linked with Veltman anywhere. And we were linked with a shit load of players this window in the press and the suggestion is only the big Almeria lad was one we actually bid for. I’d love Josh King and yes he’s exactly what we need, but just can’t see it happening...!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes because football clubs never spend money they haven’t got.

I think in light of what we went through in the 1990’s and 2000’s it’s understandable that as a set of fans we might be a bit cautious about our clubs finances than other fans. I would much rather we ran the club in a sensible, prudent way than did a Palace, Pompey, Leeds etc.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes because football clubs never spend money they haven’t got.

I think in light of what we went through in the 1990’s and 2000’s it’s understandable that as a set of fans we might be a bit cautious about our clubs finances than other fans. I would much rather we ran the club in a sensible, prudent way than did a Palace, Pompey, Leeds etc.
Your still cautious with TB at the helm? Disgrace

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He will speak to anyone that will be willing to pay him a lot of money ...

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Your still cautious with TB at the helm? Disgrace

You’ve got that the wrong way round; TB is being cautious [MENTION=9708]Farehamseagull[/MENTION] and others are supporting him.

You’re the disgrace for continually demanding TB spends more of his money!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Plays all across the front three.

Skilful.

Big.

Quick.

Powerful.

Scores Premier League goals.

https://youtu.be/dhYyLknI92s

Age & salary probably rule him out of the type of profile we seek but seeing that we’re already running out of Strikers...........£10m? Bargain.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You’ve got that the wrong way round; TB is being cautious [MENTION=9708]Farehamseagull[/MENTION] and others are supporting him.

You’re the disgrace for continually demanding TB spends more of his money!!
If that suits your agenda then fine, I’ve never mentioned monetary amounts only the fact we need cover in the forward positions :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If King goes to West Ham (good player), you also have:

Wilson to Newcastle.
Brewster and some fella from french league to SU.
Batshuayi and Eze to Palace
Watkins to Villa
Rodrigo and Raphina to Leeds.

Benrhama looks likely palace or West ham too.

Leaving us, Burnley, Fulham and West Brom with no additions, in our case we have gone from Maupay, Murray + rookie Connolly, to just Maupay and Connolly.....all the wingers who are now being branded as strikers were all here last season and didn't tear up trees or score many, but they're being relied on to do what they couldn't before, with one less striker in our ranks (unless anyone seriously thinks Zeqiri is going to bang them in this side of January?)

Not only are we a man down on exactly what we had last season, the others around us from last season have all added quality options.
Have you learnt nothing in these last few weeks you can’t be thought spending Tony Blooms money on players :) Especially strikers as they are mythical creatures who don’t really exist...according to some on here :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here