Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He was quick , but they're the shythouse end of the scale defense wise . . . . I think Trossards better, I still think AJ is as good, but unlikely we'll ever find out.

If memory serves he was usually so quick he had a fag break before anyone else caught up

a swift run and cross to a lurking Connolly/Maupay could be a useful development.

Agreed that Trossard is a much more skilful player. He has the ability to create opportunities and will only get better in my view.
But it will always be pure pace that scares defences at this level
Izzy had it in spades, just he was as likely to hit the corner flag as the top corner when he shot.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Looks like will be playing for U23s in next few weeks. Really pleased for him must be hard being out for so long

[tweet]1308664416733462528[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i think it would make sense to lend him for free till xmas ,with no contribution to wages even ,to a league 1 side ,where he would definitely get a lot of game time ,and chance to build his fitness

League One side? Don't be silly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The equivalent of a new signing incoming :thumbsup:

I will be thrilled if he’s still got the pace and has overcome the injuries. Will need a slow introduction over a couple of months to get up to speed though

Loads more ability than some give him credit for. The goal at Stoke was basically Potterball under Hughton.

Exciting as I was thinking we’d seen the last of him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The equivalent of a new signing incoming :thumbsup:

I will be thrilled if he’s still got the pace and has overcome the injuries. Will need a slow introduction over a couple of months to get up to speed though

Loads more ability than some give him credit for. The goal at Stoke was basically Potterball under Hughton.

Exciting as I was thinking we’d seen the last of him.

100% agree. Our most explosive player under Hughton. Massively underrated.

Will he be the same player? That is my concern. But trust the club and GP to make the right call. Would be an incredible bonus if he’s fully recovered.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
100% agree. Our most explosive player under Hughton. Massively underrated.

Will he be the same player? That is my concern. But trust the club and GP to make the right call. Would be an incredible bonus if he’s fully recovered.

Even without the pace he still has enough skill to be of value. After all, how many of his goals were as a result of pace alone?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
i think it would make sense to lend him for free till xmas ,with no contribution to wages even ,to a league 1 side ,where he would definitely get a lot of game time ,and chance to build his fitness

Sending a guy recovering from a serious injury to League One would be like sending a recovering coke addict to Bogota

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry if someone has already discussed but, where does Jose fit into our currently preferred 343? Not sure he’s a wingback.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Sorry if someone has already discussed but, where does Jose fit into our currently preferred 343? Not sure he’s a wingback.

I'm not slating CH but to be fair to Izquierdo he did spend more time defending than he did doing what he does best .

Fully fit he will find life under Potter more to his liking and will hopefully slot in with ease , however you view it , it's fantastic news to have him back in the squad fighting for a place in the team , March would probably be the player he's going to be competing with for a place but March seems to have upped his game a level this season so even fully fit Izquierdo has a battle on his hands to win his place back .

The squad just gets better and better without really slashing the cash , it's fantastic news for the club and the player himself .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He most definitely isn't, but I am prepared to wager FIVE POUNDS that soon enough, some clown with an perma-negative blind-spot on March, will suggest it - purely on the basis of 'he's quick, so he should be able to do what Lamptey does on the other side', (ignoring that he can't tackle, his defensive awareness is pretty ropey, and he's very right-footed)

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012

I reckon he'll be competing with Trossard. Hughton played him as an inverted winger but he can also play on the right (as he did for Columbia). This makes him, when fit, a fantastic option off the bench covering both forward wide positions. IMO.

Good luck Izzy, hope to see you competing soon! UTA.

:bhasign:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I reckon he'll be competing with Trossard. Hughton played him as an inverted winger but he can also play on the right (as he did for Columbia). This makes him, when fit, a fantastic option off the bench covering both forward wide positions. IMO.

Good luck Izzy, hope to see you competing soon! UTA.

:bhasign:

Probably this........assuming he hasn’t lost his pace, him, Connolly and Maupay on the break against a tired defence would be a sight to see. With Lamptey on the other wing, plenty of defences would be crapping themselves at that thought.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Fantastic that he's back with the first team, it must be awful being injured for 18 months. Particularly when I seem to remember he was injured prior to that as well.

I'd love him to come back the same player but sadly I'm not convinced he will. He's been out a long, long time, will he really be able to get back to where he was?

Delighted for him that he's back with the team though. Must be an amazing boost for him mentally.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not slating CH but to be fair to Izquierdo he did spend more time defending than he did doing what he does best .

Fully fit he will find life under Potter more to his liking and will hopefully slot in with ease , however you view it , it's fantastic news to have him back in the squad fighting for a place in the team , March would probably be the player he's going to be competing with for a place but March seems to have upped his game a level this season so even fully fit Izquierdo has a battle on his hands to win his place back .

The squad just gets better and better without really slashing the cash , it's fantastic news for the club and the player himself .

If he can get back to where he was (fingers crossed) he will be playing as one of the front three. March was always a natural wing back, Izzie never was or will be :p

(Agree with all the rest)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've not seen much of him except some highlights, but looking like a good player. Realistically though it will take a few months getting him back to PL level.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I’d be amazed if he comes back with the original pace he had. I hope to be amazed but can’t really see it. Without that pace I wonder what sort of player we’re left with? Hopefully still good enough.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’d be amazed if he comes back with the original pace he had. I hope to be amazed but can’t really see it. Without that pace I wonder what sort of player we’re left with? Hopefully still good enough.

Very hard to tell. A meniscus injury meant Micah Richards retired at 31, Luis Suarez tore his and pretty much fully recovered. He's been out a long time, so just that makes you fear he won't be the same, but isn't really any reason he couldn't be fully recovered.

On his day and out and out box office match winner. Perfect option for left or right in our front 3 approach. Potter plays things quite asymmetrical, so I expect he'd be delighted to have that option available.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If Izquierdo and Andone were both fit and back in the fold by Xmas, it does makes our limited attacking options appear to be a lot more of a short term problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here