Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquerdo

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Reported elsewhere......
https://twitter.com/voetbal24be/status/1352998915457617922?s=21

José Izquierdo (29) has come to the end of his story at Brighton. After a year and a half of injury, his contract with the Premier League club will not be renewed. An opportunity for Club Brugge.

Izquierdo himself would have contacted Club Brugge with a view to a possible comeback. At first that was kindly but firmly rejected because of the large selection, but due to the departure of Diatta, the cards are now different.

Blauw-Zwart does not take any risks by taking over a player for free and can work with a performance-oriented contract. A win-win situation because Izquierdo can get back to level in no time. There should be more clarity in the coming days.

Brighton first hoped to recover some of the 18 million euros it paid to Club Brugge in 2017, but in England it is now sounding that the Premier League club realizes that no one will want to pay for a player who has not been on a single minute for a year and a half.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I have no idea if the medical staff are competent and I won't take your word for it because I'm pretty sure you have no idea either, but it wouldnt surprise me if they are indeed competent.

Has it really come to this ? Scepticism as to whether our award winning medical team are ...competent.

Good grief.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Reported elsewhere......
https://twitter.com/voetbal24be/status/1352998915457617922?s=21

José Izquierdo (29) has come to the end of his story at Brighton. After a year and a half of injury, his contract with the Premier League club will not be renewed. An opportunity for Club Brugge.

Izquierdo himself would have contacted Club Brugge with a view to a possible comeback. At first that was kindly but firmly rejected because of the large selection, but due to the departure of Diatta, the cards are now different.

Blauw-Zwart does not take any risks by taking over a player for free and can work with a performance-oriented contract. A win-win situation because Izquierdo can get back to level in no time. There should be more clarity in the coming days.

Brighton first hoped to recover some of the 18 million euros it paid to Club Brugge in 2017, but in England it is now sounding that the Premier League club realizes that no one will want to pay for a player who has not been on a single minute for a year and a half.

This all makes complete sense.

At the age of 29, the old Izzy just ain't coming back.

Another promising career blighted, by injury and diminished.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ah, that sublime bit of fast attacking Potterball .................

............. oh, wait a minute ........................

Like the goal against Leeds right? One end to the other, back of the net in 30 seconds

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Don't know why you boys interact with Swansman. He wasn't even watching the Albion or a member of NSC when Izzy last played for us! He's also the type of loudmouth div who will get Bozza heat because he happily posts absolute bollocks on here that could be libellous and wouldn't care less about the future of NSC, he'll just move on to wherever Potter goes with his very odd obsession.

However, in context to what's being discussed when Izzy did last play for us strapped up and looking unhappy he did play very poorly so at the time I wondered why is playing, he looks half the player he was and still carrying an injury? Which might be the point sorry I haven't read many of his posts, as he's on Ignore.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Don't know why you boys interact with Swansman. He wasn't even watching the Albion or a member of NSC when Izzy last played for us! He's also the type of loudmouth div who will get Bozza heat because he happily posts absolute bollocks on here that could be libellous and wouldn't care less about the future of NSC, he'll just move on to wherever Potter goes with his very odd obsession.

However, in context to what's being discussed when Izzy did last play for us strapped up and looking unhappy he did play very poorly so at the time I wondered why is playing, he looks half the player he was and still carrying an injury? Which might be the point sorry I haven't read many of his posts, as he's on Ignore.

:ffsparr:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Must have been some major set backs in his recovery. He seemed so close to a return back in November/December when he was playing those u23 games, even scored in one if I remember rightly.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Must have been some major set backs in his recovery. He seemed so close to a return back in November/December when he was playing those u23 games, even scored in one if I remember rightly.

Many players have set backs coming back from injury. That is fact and no one can dispute that but when someone makes a comment such as '' the club may have cost him his career '' - That puts a whole new slant on what is being alleged.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I don't even want him back now.... No offence to the guy, hope he can get back to where he was and hope he can avoid long term problems .... though it reminds me of watching CMS and KLL come back after a very long time out. All the power and acceleration gone. All the confidence in the body gone. Ability to turn gone.

Jose, should probably just jack it in, take the money he's made and have a nice life.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeah, how could anyone come back from injury and prove everyone wrong, it just does not happen......

Danny Inges, wishes he had jacked it all in ages ago, he hates banging them in.

Maybe you're right mate. I'd love to be proved wrong.

But this is a mega injury. he's not actually been properly fit for getting on 3 years. He's clearly not right

Ings is all about craft and finishing. Izquierdo about acceleration, turning and hard running.

He might be able to adapt his game. Or he might look at some other retired pro's who regret trying to eek out a final few seasons after bad injury and conclude it's not worth it

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

"Swansman talks a lot of shit"

*moves on to say pretty much exactly what I said*

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
"Swansman talks a lot of shit"

*moves on to say pretty much exactly what I said*

:lolol:

..... so you've made me look at your posts now. Bit disingenious, as usual. You imply, possibly even allege, that it's the club's incompetence that may have ended his career. I'm not saying that at all. So no, not "pretty much exactly what I said".

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The Club got in Contact with someone for confirming someone else's Post that on here that Beram Kayal was gonna be out injured for 10 weeks.

If they consider something as trivial as that worthy of their intervention. Suggesting they may have ended a players career would be a walk in the park for them to get pissed off over.

And it wouldn't be you they would go after. It would be NSC.

Feck! They've got Harvey Spector on the bench! :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Been on ignore for me for many months now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here