Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sad [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Very sad but let’s get him off the books this month if we’re not planning on offering a new contract.

Is the correct answer! And let's not let his absence cloud our memory of what he offered. Yes he might just cut inside and score a screamer but most of the time he it went out on far side and he couldn't go down the outside and whip in a cross. You also couldn't trust him on a one on one with the keeper. If we ever got him back on the pitch we'd be holding our breath any time he went down. And we will do that now when Lallana, Lamptey and Welbeck return.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm holding my horse on that move, his "agent contacting Club Brügge" is pretty far from a done deal... do they want him? Can they afford him? Would he pass the medical?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm holding my horse on that move, his "agent contacting Club Brügge" is pretty far from a done deal... do they want him? Can they afford him? Would he pass the medical?

The last point is probably the key one.....

So disappointing for him and us. Was great in that first season, of course was a bit rough around the edges. One left footed cross all season (exaggeration I know), for the Gross header vs Man U, and a bit ‘shit or bust’ approach to shooting, but ultimately had great pace and created chances.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I really hope those games when Hughton played a clearly unfit Jose when we were in desperate trouble haven't ultimately cost him his future at the top table.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The last point is probably the key one.....

So disappointing for him and us. Was great in that first season, of course was a bit rough around the edges. One left footed cross all season (exaggeration I know), for the Gross header vs Man U, and a bit ‘shit or bust’ approach to shooting, but ultimately had great pace and created chances.

This. Pretty sure he'd fail the medical given how long he's been out, or he should at least be in contention with us.

Probably the one player under Hughton who genuinely excited me. Pace, shooting power and trickery at his best, like a massive Lua Lua upgrade. But if that pace has gone or we're going to continue to pay for him to occupy a sick bed then it's regrettably time to move on if we can.

A fit Izquierdo would have been like a new signing.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly cannot see him making back into the1st team. Needs to move on to a less demanding league. Would free up his wages

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's earned a life changing amount (for many) while doing his rehab. It's time to move on now and return to a good club like Brugge to try and get back to a semblance of his old form and save us six months wages we can ill afford on a player who won't play for us again. I wish him well, but that's football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Time to release this sick note. A shame, but he's cost us millions in fees, wages and rehab. He's not going to be the same player, so need to cut our loses and he can do his rehab elsewhere at some other clubs cost.

Only guesswork of course, but its quite possible that while he "cost millions in fees, wages and rehab" the club may have cost him his career by playing him in the later stages of the 18/19 season.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Shame.

He seemed so close to a comeback when he was playing those u23 games back in November/December.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Time to release this sick note. A shame, but he's cost us millions in fees, wages and rehab. He's not going to be the same player, so need to cut our loses and he can do his rehab elsewhere at some other clubs cost.

Pretty callous thinking especially as his injury was probably worsened by us playing him when he wasn't fit. Besides which we can't just release him, we'd still have to pay him the remainder of his contract or at least come to an agreement on the last few months of it, so hardly cutting any losses at this late stage. Given that he's unlikely to get another contract anywhere near as high as his current one I wouldn't blame him if he just sat out the last 6 months of the contract here and look for another club in the summer if his favoured return to Brugge doesn't come off.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
New 1 year contract on lower wages and a 6 month loan spell back in Belgium would be perfect for both parties. If he does well there we could potentially get a nice fee in the summer, or we get a player back with games under his belt and ready to go and prove himself again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here