Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Rhodes to go out on loan

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Wally with the Brolly was practically in tears about his need to bring in a striker.

He'll go to Derby for sure.

Depends if he gets the choice, I suppose, and who he views as a better long term prospect bearing in mind they'll probably have to agree to sign him permanently in June.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I read this yesterday (before their match with Liverpool) and suggestion was it was possible if they lost the cup match. That almost makes sense as Blackburn aren't going up or down and have Gestede anyway. Meanwhile there are probably clubs willing to play serious money for 10 games of Rhodes to push them into the automatic promotion places. And if they go up, it would be worth it whatever they pay.

However, having drawn in the cup, I assumed it would be over. Surely with them in the cup still they'll keep Rhodes as they have a chance of an FA Cup semi final.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Wally with the Brolly was practically in tears about his need to bring in a striker.

He'll go to Derby for sure.

As a complete aside to the Rhodes thread, didn't McLaren look and sound particularly stressed after the game last week when being interviewed. He came across as almost childish. Also very red faced.... A bit like Alex Ferguson. I wonder if he's hitting the bottle a bit?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The sun today are linking Forest with him. Can't see that myself with ffp as I thought loan signings had to be within an upper limit salary wise based on the wage of the departing player. If it goes through it will show ffp to be a farce once and for all

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sign him up, Tony !

Boost season ticket sales, and put down the marker about next season's direction :rock:

Is the right answer. And BEFORE anyone cries wages well I think BHAFC need to accept the cheap options didnt work AND

Your sig sir has alot of deadwood out of contract CMS, Kemi, Ankers, Maximenko. Easily 40k a week there. EASILY.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Not a "could do a job" thread, more a case of what a poor bit of decision making by Rovers?

Could have sold him for >£12 million in the transfer window, and now having to look at loaning him out to Derby or Norwich, as they've failed FFP so miserably.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ounty-or-Norwich-City-in-shock-loan-deal.html

Not been quite so lethal this season, but you'd think he'd be exactly the sort to fire an already-decent side like Derby or Norwich to promotion, surely?

It's another lesson in cashing in your chips while you can. I've read countless times about our 'inept' club selling its prized assets (Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, Barnes) when new deals should have been negotiated. But soon as a player gets a sniff of a better deal, most noses will follow the cash.

It's like this: You have a beautiful, erudite girlfriend and you enjoy some wonderful times together. But after a few years, you can feel your relationship moving apart; you can tell she doesn't love you the same way. She's suddenly talking of 'new horizons and challenges' in both her work and private life. She is courted by a good-looking dude. He's got plenty of cash. He's younger, fitter and more go-ahead than you. You can say your goodbyes, have a little cry, get drunk and move on. Or spends months trying to persuade her you're the right man. Followed by counselling, lots of paranoia and a horrible feeling she will leave anyway....geddit?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Is the right answer. And BEFORE anyone cries wages well I think BHAFC need to accept the cheap options didnt work AND

Your sig sir has alot of deadwood out of contract CMS, Kemi, Ankers, Maximenko. Easily 40k a week there. EASILY.

Even if we could afford it, there is no chance of this happening as nice as it would be.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Even if we could afford it, there is no chance of this happening as nice as it would be.

We not even remotely in the running anyway. To be honest I don't see the point, why waste the money? It's not like we're hoping for a last minute play-off push.

Let's achieve mathematical safety and then look at what went wrong and rebuild for next season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We not even remotely in the running anyway. To be honest I don't see the point, why waste the money? It's not like we're hoping for a last minute play-off push.

Let's achieve mathematical safety and then look at what went wrong and rebuild for next season.

If we imagine a scenario where we had a chance then the point would be we need a quality striker. Hopefully the recruitment team has identified a quality forward we can afford for next season as that will be key to the success or otherwise of next season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we imagine a scenario where we had a chance then the point would be we need a quality striker. Hopefully the recruitment team has identified a quality forward we can afford for next season as that will be key to the success or otherwise of next season.

Totally agree. And I hope any recruitment team is led by the current manager, and not a wally with Football Manager!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I think it's more about whether WE want Rhodes, not the other way around.
He was keen to come here before Blackburn spent stupid money on him, so there's no reason why he wouldn't still fancy it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He was keen to come here before Blackburn spent stupid money on him, so there's no reason why he wouldn't still fancy it.

The league table might be a reason why he doesn't fancy it any more.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Possibly.
But he's not going to get a game every week for Derby.
And we might just be up there next season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It would be lovely. But I imagine if Jordan Rhodes' agent went up to him and offered him the options of Derby, Norwich & Albion- right now, telling him that he had to pick one of them, straight away, we aren't going to win that particular race, even if we're all offering him the same money :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We were a very attractive proposition when we moved to the Amex, we are Championship also rans now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We were a very attractive proposition when we moved to the Amex, we are Championship also rans now.

I think, were we to be offering the same money, we'd be more attractive than the majority of Championship clubs at any given time.

But footballers have short careers and think, quite rightly, in the here and now. They're not interested in "We're going to spend over the summer and have a squad that might be in contention next season, with a bit of luck", when there's another club out there who have a very decent chance of Premier League football in just five months time. It's why Sam Baldock came to us despite the confident pronouncements of most Bristol City fans. He knew Bristol City would go well in League One, and he *might* get a promotion, but he had the chance to return to the Championship straight away with us, so he took it, even though I'm sure City were offering him decent money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here