[Albion] Jordan Henderson - Yes or No

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It’s being reported that he is desperate for a return to the Premier League. Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 317 65.4%
  • If RDZ wants him

Votes: 129 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Erm I think it’s perfectly reasonable to criticise him when he’s stated part of his reasons for going were to “grow the game” ….maybe he needs to give that ambition a bit longer
And there was me thinking he’d gone for the dosh.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Easily bought ethics aside, he'd have to change his entire MO - there's no way he'd get away with screaming invective in the face of referees in a Brighton shirt in the same way he did wearing red.

My money would be on him joining up with Beheddie at the horse punchers, or one of the teams in claret

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Amazed how many wouldn't take him. It's an absolute YES in my book. He'd strengthen our weakest position and is, by all account, a leader off the field. Would fit the Milner/Lallana mould.

If the wages were reasonable and in line with other experienced players - then it's a yes from me.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sorry, without reading through all of this is there any reason to think this might happen or is it wild speculation?

My initial irrational thought is, I don't want it to happen, in the same way as I didn't want Murray back. Likely he'd do well for us

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Amazed how many wouldn't take him. It's an absolute YES in my book. He'd strengthen our weakest position and is, by all account, a leader off the field. Would fit the Milner/Lallana mould.

If the wages were reasonable and in line with other experienced players - then it's a yes from me.
But we already have a Milner and Lallana. They add the experience we need. Another big wage with his glory days behind him isn’t going to be the approach, I am fairly sure. The idea is to have a couple in and around the squad and mentoring younger players, and a bunch of eager young pups ready to learn.

One upside of him joining us I can see is that his England career will be over.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I would've bitten your hand off for a player like him at the start of the season, full pre-season under RDZ, and coming off the back of years under Klopp.

The reality is, he took a massive backwards step career wise, has been playing in an uncompetitive league under a tactically inept manager. I can't imagine his fitness is anywhere near the levels we'd need currently and he's also under contract at £350k a week until 2026 - even if he'd be happy taking a £280k a week pay cut to fit into our wage structure, we'd still need to pay a fee for a player we don't really need.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Can’t believe he really thought he’d make a difference over there. A good player when in his prime but I thought he was on the way out despite the Crawley clown playing him regularly.
It’s a no from me mainly on moral grounds.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Easily bought ethics aside, he'd have to change his entire MO - there's no way he'd get away with screaming invective in the face of referees in a Brighton shirt in the same way he did wearing red.

My money would be on him joining up with Beheddie at the horse punchers, or one of the teams in claret
Very good. If you happened to be from Sunderland and starting an indy band, Beheaddie and the horse punchers would be the go-to band name, Shirly?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just heard NSC's favourite, Ben Jacobs, say that JH didn't do his due diligence. Was asked to buy the club a gym after four days there, or something!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

If his wages are reasonable? He's reportedly on £700,000/week. He'll be lucky to get a quarter of that back in the EPL.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If his wages are reasonable? He's reportedly on £700,000/week. He'll be lucky to get a quarter of that back in the EPL.
Just imagine how bad things would have to be for 700 big ones A WEEK not to soften the blow and make you want to give it all up.

(I know there's more to life than money, but for someone who has seemingly sold his soul for a colossal amount of dosh, it obviously ranks pretty highly in his world!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports