Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Cousins

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do we need Sidwell if we get this guy in?

We need four proper options in centre midfielder, all ready and capable of slotting into our preferred 442 formation.

IF Stephens and Kayal are both staying, we need two more. Cousins could be one, and that would be the full set IF Hughton rates Towell as good enough. I'd say if we sign two more, then he is unconvinced.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
This sounds great, had hoped we'd go after Lookman though.... how good is this Cousins chap? Lookman was the only CAFA player I focused on when we played them,.....

From my guy at CA apparently Lookman has become a billy big boots and thinks he's far better than he actually is. Cousins is far more grounded and more complete player. A box to box engine

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need four proper options in centre midfielder, all ready and capable of slotting into our preferred 442 formation.

IF Stephens and Kayal are both staying, we need two more. Cousins could be one, and that would be the full set IF Hughton rates Towell as good enough. I'd say if we sign two more, then he is unconvinced.
I think 4 is a little light.

3 GK
8 Def
10 Mid ( 5 Central )
5 Str

= 26 and looks reasonable to me.

Kayal, Stephens, Towell, Cousins + 1 ?.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I didn't think Towell was a central Midfielder, more of an attacking midfielder with emphasis to be close to the main striker. Actually I'm not sure why CH got him as we don't really play with an advance Midfielder. Another option I suppose but not a like for like re Kayal/Stephens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't think Towell was a central Midfielder, more of an attacking midfielder with emphasis to be close to the main striker. Actually I'm not sure why CH got him as we don't really play with an advance Midfielder. Another option I suppose but not a like for like re Kayal/Stephens.

I think his position (in the LOI) was absolutely in central midfield - people just made assumptions based on his amazing scoring record.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]740863239152603136[/tweet]

I know nothing about any supposed interest at all, but....

1. The Albion would not respond with "Yep, we've put in a bid and are trying hard to land him. We'll report back when we know what's going on."
2. Charlton would not respond with "Yep, Brighton have made an offer but we're trying to squeeze every penny out of them we can. Hold the line caller."

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Obviously I cannot reveal my source but safe to say he is a very senior member of CA backroom team and has worked directly with Jordan for a number of years (although not recently). He said it was a done deal but they were just sorting out the details i.e. personal terms

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So...What have all the 'ITK' got to say? Thought it was a done deal?

If there's still a medical to be done or any issues with a contract, coming out and admitting to the local rag that we're in talks with them could intensify interest from any other clubs. The Stephen Ward saga being a prime example of what can happen if you don't keep transfer details under lock & key.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know nothing about any supposed interest at all, but....

1. The Albion would not respond with "Yep, we've put in a bid and are trying hard to land him. We'll report back when we know what's going on."
2. Charlton would not respond with "Yep, Brighton have made an offer but we're trying to squeeze every penny out of them we can. Hold the line caller."

This.

People moan about responses such as this from the Arsegas – normally from Andy Naylor – but the paper only reports news when it's confirmed. I'm guessing that its' main source is the club, hence tweets such as this are common. Lots of readers probably aren't part of the NSC bubble, so when the deal happens (which, according to people in this thread, looks likely) it'll be news to them.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
DFKDKC.

Of no relevance to us in the Championship.

YSLAFDW

Of course it is, it proves he doesn't need a 5 man midfeld to be effective.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This.

People moan about responses such as this from the Arsegas – normally from Andy Naylor – but the paper only reports news when it's confirmed. I'm guessing that its' main source is the club, hence tweets such as this are common. Lots of readers probably aren't part of the NSC bubble, so when the deal happens (which, according to people in this thread, looks likely) it'll be news to them.

The difference is that Naylor writes stuff - often at this time of year, unsubstantiated because the club tell him nothing anymore, just to sell papers

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here