Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Cousins

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He wouldn't have come here being content with being a back-up for our current centre pairing. If he had signed I and probably others would have taken it as a clear sign that Kayal was off.

Try a bit harder... Some of the more gloomy on here think that Steve Sidwell signing is confirmation that both Kayal and Stephens are definitely OFF.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Try a bit harder... Some of the more gloomy on here think that Steve Sidwell signing is confirmation that both Kayal and Stephens are definitely OFF.

Who has suggested that the signing of Sidwell means that BOTH are off? I know Sidwell is good but even his biggest fan can't think that he is good enough to replace both Kayal and Stephens :smile:

I trust you'll revise "gloomy" to "realists" should STEPHENS leave?

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Who has suggested that the signing of Sidwell means that BOTH are off? I know Sidwell is good but even his biggest fan can't think that he is good enough to replace both Kayal and Stephens :smile:

I trust you'll revise "gloomy" to "realists" should STEPHENS leave?

If Stephens leaves , which he might, then we'll replace Stephens. Sidwell was bought and (loaned in January.) because presumably Hughton didn't have confidence in Ince and JFC as third or fourth choice CMs, let alone poor old Danny Holla. or to give him options if he needed to go 4-3-3 and as sensible back up in case of injuries. And Sidwell was presumably happy to sign on that basis. Thats still the case.
The idea that we lured him here on basis that we already knew a player is leaving, and in fact told him that in our contract negotiations, is nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here