Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan and Chelsea Star at the AMEX

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Without naming names, it is someone who is a close connection to the club but is not employed by them. I don't know if JMc has gone to the states or not, but I have been told that a handshake has taken place over the deal, subject to a late bid from a Premiership club.

Objection M'Lud - leading the witness!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was on the new midfielder thread.

So it was - I recall you saying about late interest from a prem club. I do trust you on here matey and believe what you say but one thing - Why didn't you name JM yesterday on that thread? Why keep from putting the name on there until someone mentions him today?! Surely you don't put anyone's job at risk if they don't work for the club and nobodies gonna 'guess' this source by naming a name anyways?!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah he tweeted a pic of him self on the plane

and this was his quote from 21 hours ago..... before dashing to the Amex!!

Josh McEachran ‏[MENTION=410]jmc[/MENTION]Eachran20

Good first session of the day! Now back to the hotel for some lunch and rest! Second session later on!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So it was - I recall you saying about late interest from a prem club. I do trust you on here matey and believe what you say but one thing - Why didn't you name JM yesterday on that thread? Why keep from putting the name on there until someone mentions him today?! Surely you don't put anyone's job at risk if they don't work for the club and nobodies gonna 'guess' this source by naming a name anyways?!

Simply because this afternoon is the first time I have posted since that thread yesterday. I was also having a bit of think about whether I should put the name of the player on here, but I have seen JMc mentioned on a few other threads so thought why not.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There are a few other posters on here, including [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION], who know who my source is. He knows his stuff, so I thought it was worth posting.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
and this was his quote from 21 hours ago..... before dashing to the Amex!!

Josh McEachran ‏[MENTION=410]jmc[/MENTION]Eachran20

Good first session of the day! Now back to the hotel for some lunch and rest! Second session later on!

He's on his way straight after the 2nd session, isn't it obvious?..........

tardis-296217020.jpg

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
McEachran is a great player, but just don't think we need to to tie wages up in another attacking midfielder. Had Vicente not returned then maybe, but as he has I don't think that's a position we should be bringing anyone else in on. Hoskins, Barnes, Harley and Sparrow could all cover there if Vicente is not available.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I love it when people supposedly "in the know" post stuff on here. If they were "in the know" then they would not post that X is signing for Y.

Nothing is guaranteed until a club formally announces it and so by going onto a website saying we're signing "X" is just grounds for a massive fail and a load of stick.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
McEachran is a great player, but just don't think we need to to tie wages up in another attacking midfielder. Had Vicente not returned then maybe, but as he has I don't think that's a position we should be bringing anyone else in on.

He's a central midfielder pal. Just what we need. A much better version of Dicker/Sparrow

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
McEachran is a great player, but just don't think we need to to tie wages up in another attacking midfielder. Had Vicente not returned then maybe, but as he has I don't think that's a position we should be bringing anyone else in on. Hoskins, Barnes, Harley and Sparrow could all cover there if Vicente is not available.

JM is one of the most highly regarded youngsters in England.

We are relying ona 31 year old with previous injury problems. I see no reason why getting JM in would be anything other than brilliant business?

If Vicente get's injured we then have Harley as the next attacking central player....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are a few other posters on here, including [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION], who know who my source is. He knows his stuff, so I thought it was worth posting.

No, please do - always worth posting...!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
JM is one of the most highly regarded youngsters in England.

We are relying ona 31 year old with previous injury problems. I see no reason why getting JM in would be anything other than brilliant business?

If Vicente get's injured we then have Harley as the next attacking central player....

I am one of the few that wouldn't mind Harley getting another go this season, as I think he can do the business. I would be more than happy to have him, Hoskins, Barnes or Sparrow filling the role for when Vicente is out or needs a rest. Unless McEachran is very good defensively and strong in the tackle too and can offer something more than the others? I appreciate he's probably better than all but Vicente, but would be happy if we stuck with what we have rather than keep adding to the wage bill for that one position.

He does have Champions League experience though so fits the bill this summer :smile:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not an EITHER/OR situation. We are allowed to STILL sign the bigger midfielder as well.

Not true. The total height of all registered midfield / wing players must be collectively no higher than 52Ft 7Inches. If we signed JM it woul take us to 47ft 6 inches. So we're looking at 5ft 1 and under if we went on to sign another midfielder I'm afraid. Silly rule IMO...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I am one of the few that wouldn't mind Harley getting another go this season, as I think he can do the business.

He's lazy and lightweight (and shit at penalties).

It's a 'no' from me.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
He's lazy and lightweight (and shit at penalties).

It's a 'no' from me.

I'm going to trot out the old cliche of having a full pre season behind him and being much the better for it. Still one of the best incisive passers we have at the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here