Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonjo Shelvey?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
About as laughable as Delofeu who was apparently coming here and then went to Everton (who i thought were beneath him).

People are crazy. They'll be linking us to players like Bridge, Upson and Vicente soon! In all seriousness though no young Prem standard player will come here. There are clubs in the Champ who if they step down to will ridiculously overpay for England under21 type players from Arsenal and Chelsea etc. Our chance is with the likes of Bridcutt who's released by these clubs rather than sold.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Pointless thread, why post such tripe.

Nothing wrong in someone posting what they heard - Been a while since I've seen an outrageous rumour like this!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
About as laughable as Delofeu who was apparently coming here and then went to Everton (who i thought were beneath him).

People are crazy. They'll be linking us to players like Bridge, Upson and Vicente soon! In all seriousness though no young Prem standard player will come here. There are clubs in the Champ who if they step down to will ridiculously overpay for England under21 type players from Arsenal and Chelsea etc. Our chance is with the likes of Bridcutt who's released by these clubs rather than sold.

Nail on head.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Depends what contracts they are on at their parent clubs. If they have come through the ranks there then they won't be on the salaries of the likes of Rooney, Walcott or Bridge! So for a short term loan they could be.worth the gamble rather than paying a fee for someone. For example, a youngster on say £20k a week for 16 weeks is only £320k but to buy could be considerably more! Also factor in that in some cases the parent club are keen for youngsters to play and may well cover a portion of the wages if they are playing in the right sort of team.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Apparently. We are about to make a bid for Voldemort. Not sure how reliable the source Is though as I was told by the husband of the "head steward" Think what you will of It. To be honest. I think he's out of our reach.

I don't understand why you'd doubt your source. The head steward would obviously be informed by Oscar and Burke of all transfer targets.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm only posting what I heard. Is that not reason enough to post? Sure there's a 99.9% chance of It not happening but hey. countless threads throughout the years has been posted on this site and many more to come. Stranger things have happened at the Albion.

So if someone tells you custard is green, you'd not only believe them you'd post it on here telling us?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand why you'd doubt your source. The head steward would obviously be informed by Oscar and Burke of all transfer targets.

Is the head steward a woman? I know the north stand manager is, but head steward?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is probably the most ridiculous rumour ever on NSC (and that is some competition). Why would we be bidding for a player Swansea signed for £5 million in the summer and has been a regular since. I realise the OP claims to have been told this but surely common sense would suggest it is not worth posting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here