Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonjo Shelvey

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Within this post he is stated as being better going forward and, I think, perhaps we need to clarify that as we need DMs more than AMs at this time.

Are you sure about that? Our defensive midfielders are Bridcutt, Navarro, Vincelot; our attacking centre midfielders are Dicker, Sparrow, Smith. I would suggest that a top quality advanced centre midfielder is our main priority at present, hence all the interest in Lansbury, the attempt to sign Garvan and now this Shelvey rumour

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Ah Jonjo. Addicks wonderkid who Parkinson seemed unable to accomodate in some of the worse Charlton teams in 2009, Jonjo was always destined for bigger things. We sold him, he might of kept us out of administration. Anyhow ball playing CM, skillful, with an eye for goal-the Poyet style will suit him.
Good luck to you all. Falmer is magnificent & I hope the opening home game is a day to remember, as much as our return to the valley meant to us.
Cheers

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As much as I dislike rumours on Twitter, this is one I could actually see happening - if not to us, then to someone like us. Although he played yesterday in the L'pool team, he is not going to get much of a first team chance at the mo, and they won't be looking to sell him as he is expected to do good things in the future. Therefore it would make sense to go out on loan, possibly even a season long on, so why not us, we now have a profile high enough to attract prospects like this.

I, for one, say yeah, if it happens.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Are you sure about that? Our defensive midfielders are Bridcutt, Navarro, Vincelot; our attacking centre midfielders are Dicker, Sparrow, Smith. I would suggest that a top quality advanced centre midfielder is our main priority at present, hence all the interest in Lansbury, the attempt to sign Garvan and now this Shelvey rumour
I suspect that Buckley will be the main attacking central midfielder (in the role that Bennett had last year)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I suspect that Buckley will be the main attacking central midfielder (in the role that Bennett had last year)

Possibly, but then that leaves a vacancy on the right-side of midfield. Either way, I would expect in many games we'll playing one or both of Dicker and Sparrow; and although I have nothing against them, I think this is the part of our team that could most do with improvement.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
watched him a couple of years ago for Charlton reserves vs Brighton reserves at The Dripping Pan and he looked different class think he was only 16 at the time looked like he had a bright future but didn't quite expect him to end up at Liverpool so quickly. If i remember rightly he scored a beauty of a free kick in that game.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
And I know that there was a meeting a couple of weeks back which I posted about with Liverpool fc.
Wonder if this is the reason then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here