Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonjo Shelvey

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
of all the rumours, this one keeps popping up and seems realisitic. previously played at Charlton in L1, so not afraid to slum it, and unlikly to see much action at Liverpool...

With them having Gerrard, Meireles, Adam, Spearing and Poulsen all competing for the same position as him it's always going to be difficult, He's only young and needs to gain more experience.

you miss Lucas, Maxi in the midfield, and £16m Henderson. dont pay that to warm the bench, so expect new additions will push Shelvey (and Spearing) down the order.

Not convinced by this one as we know Poyet generally isn't keen on loan deals. Lua Lua is an exception this season because circumstances made the loan more attractive than the permanent move until he's proved himself fit.

from what i understood, this was in the context of using short term loans, as they dont gel or become part of the "mission". getting a premeirship player in for 6 months or a year would surely be an acceptable exception. i'd love to see it happen.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Poyet has no problems with loans if they are long term loans

I would love this to be true, would be one of the final signings required

SR93

Jul 16, 2011
Been following that account for a while on Twitter and Fourth_Official doesn't get much wrong with regards to transfers. Interesting.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The midfielders they have brought in this summer, he is in no way "on the verge of the 1st team". Even if a whole string of big names bomb, and they turn to their youth, then he's still behind Spearings.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
To comfirm how bald he is:

pro_jonjo_shelvy.jpg

blimey he is more bald than I am

can I have a game

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just asked a Liverpool fan friend and he said:

"I would say it is very likely as we have 9 center midfielders for only 2 positions. He talks about gerrard being his hero and wants to play like him. Definitely better going forward than defending, though I haven't really seen him create chances and he is more powerful than crafty. Takes corners and freekicks and like a pop outside the box. My opinion is that he will make it as a premiership player but not at liverpool though most lfc fans rate him."

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
To comfirm how bald he is:

pro_jonjo_shelvy.jpg

yes he would be a great player at championship level, ive seen him play a few times & he is pretty good box to box player... the only thing im worried about is that IS HE GOOD LOOKING ENOUGH TO PLAY IN OUR TEAM :guitar:

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
yes he would be a great player at championship level, ive seen him play a few times & he is pretty good box to box player... the only thing im worried about is that IS HE GOOD LOOKING ENOUGH TO PLAY IN OUR TEAM :guitar:

just get him a short blond wig...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Within this post he is stated as being better going forward and, I think, perhaps we need to clarify that as we need DMs more than AMs at this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here