Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Williams

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good player. Yes he was chirruping in the refs ear to get Bruno sent off but he was involved a fair bit football wise too. Contrast with Lingard who just got muscled off it all the time and March who was below average and I think he'd walk in to our team. People need to take the anti Palace specs off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Showed his butt to the Tractor Boys. How is that homophobic ? Tosser, maybe, and didn't like his obvious attempts to get Bruno a red though

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Shame virtually the only song the North Stand could come up with today was the inspired 'Palace reject' aimed at Williams. Always a plan to motivate individuals in opposing team so they score or assist. To be fair, the North Stand have most of the chanting rights, but I wish they would encourage our own team more rather than mock the oppo.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thought he was really good. As I have every time I have seen the lad, and also provided the piece of skill for the game's decisive goal.

Another question for everyone (and I'm not having a go here, because I know it's almost instinctive where Palace are concerned, the dog sees the rabbit etc...) but do you think it helped Brighton's cause booing his every touch?

Some players just play better in those circumstances. I got the impression Williams was one of them. He absolutely loved sticking it up Brighton again.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
He did not really do anything though. Not sure its anti-Palace specs. If he was great i would say so. He did not stand out to me at all. Yes the skill for the goal was nice but apart from that he was not influencing the game at all.

You know scoring goals is how you win football matches right...? His bit of skill got the second goal and won them the game. Simple.
I wish some of out players wanted it as much Williams today.....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thought he was really good. As I have every time I have seen the lad, and also provided the piece of skill for the game's decisive goal.

Another question for everyone (and I'm not having a go here, because I know it's almost instinctive where Palace are concerned, the dog sees the rabbit etc...) but do you think it helped Brighton's cause booing his every touch?

Some players just play better in those circumstances. I got the impression Williams was one of them. He absolutely loved sticking it up Brighton again.

You know scoring goals is how you win football matches right...? His bit of skill got the second goal and won them the game. Simple.
I wish some of out players wanted it as much Williams today.....

I have highlighted his skill and assist. However i did not think he was a class above as the original poster stated. He is clearly a good player but i don t think he influenced the whole game as is being suggested. I would go as far to say The left back was prob there best player

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
For people saying he only did one thing all game, surely that is what he is there for. I agree that he didn't do much but that piece of skill completely killed the game of and thats the difference between him and Lingard who missed two sitters, it really aggravates me how we seem to be unable to get a good loan player in, yes Lingard does some good things but he is too weak and he hasn't made a difference to us

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shame virtually the only song the North Stand could come up with today was the inspired 'Palace reject' aimed at Williams. Always a plan to motivate individuals in opposing team so they score or assist. To be fair, the North Stand have most of the chanting rights, but I wish they would encourage our own team more rather than mock the oppo.

Loudest 'chant' of the day was for Kaz when he was warming up before he came on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always rated him, thought he was Palace's best player in the FFS Murray game at the Amex.

That said, I genuinely didn't think he was particularly influential yesterday: he's only stuck out in people's minds because of his Palace connection and his continual whinging at the officials. Even Mick McCarthy told him to get up and stop complaining at one stage. Certainly didn't think he was "a class above". Have seen him play a lot better.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Typical Palace scum , tried his hardest to get Bruno a 2nd yellow card. I hope a FA inclusivity monitor was at the game because Williams pulled down his shorts as a homophobic gesture at Albion fans after the second goal.

Grow a pair Soggy.
You give Liz Costa a run for her money !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here