Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
We were 100% interested in the summer, but it looked like he was going to be signing for Inter. For whatever reason, that deal didn't happen. Whether or not Inter go back again in January will be the crucial factor in our hopes of getting him.

However, the fact that we're being credibly linked with players of his calibre is absolutely fantastic. REALLY exciting times to be an Albion fan.

you've got to laugh, not in a cynical way, but more with a glow of satisfaction that we may be gazumpted if true by Inter Milan and the likes.Just trying to remember the name of that player that turned us down for Colchester i think in 2010/11? Different world.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
you've got to laugh, not in a cynical way, but more with a glow of satisfaction that we may be gazumpted if true by Inter Milan and the likes.Just trying to remember the name of that player that turned us down for Colchester i think in 2010/11? Different world.

Reminds me of David Prutton who turned us down for Swindon back in 2010 becuase he thought they had a better chance of getting promoted. We finished top, and Swindon finished bottom.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do we know a director has gone back there?

That's why I said IF a director has gone out there. I called Dunk staying in the summer right, when most others had given up on him, and I just think, if this was now a non- runner, we would have heard a whisper. I just have a feeling we may shock a lot of people in football with this one, no inside info, just a bit of logic, and a lot of hope.

DARE TO DREAM

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That's why I said IF a director has gone out there. I called Dunk staying in the summer right, when most others had given up on him, and I just think, if this was now a non- runner, we would have heard a whisper. I just have a feeling we may shock a lot of people in football with this one, no inside info, just a bit of logic, and a lot of hope.

DARE TO DREAM

you can dream all you want!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/17/arsenal-have-joined-race-for-jonathan-calleri-transfer-says-report-5395229/

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not worried about Arsenal, they never sign players.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
If Arsenal are looking for a striker then Calleri will be out of there league, £25-50 Million for a top four Premiership player, not £10 on an unknown. I would be more worried by teams like Southampton, Sunderland and Stoke, they would be prepared to outbid us by a few million and take the risk, let alone the wage differential.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[tweet]652936688172433408[/tweet]

Carlos Bianchi used to Boca manager

Larry_David_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival_2.jpg

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It would be fantastic if we signed a player, as terrific as Callieri seems to be, but perhaps we should forget it for now and be extremely happy, if it ever happened, or alterntatively unsurprised if he ends up at a massive club like Milan or Sheffield Wednesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here