Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Héctor Heredia ‏@HectorAHeredia 7h7 hours ago
Por Calleri y Lodeiro: Dirigentes ingleses vendrán a ver a Boca contra Lanus y Racing para observar a ambos.
0 retweets 0 favorites

Tweeted by this Argentinian reporter today.

Translated means " English directors will come to watch Boca play against Lanus and Racing in order to scout both Calleri and Lodeiro" (Nicolas Lodeiro is a Uruguayan attacking midfielder, who also plays for Boca Juniors with Calleri).

Racing Club v Boca Juniors 21:00 on Sunday, Oct 18th (League game)
Lanus v Boca Juniors 21:00 on Wed, Oct 28th (Cup game, semi-final)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Héctor Heredia ‏@HectorAHeredia 7h7 hours ago
Por Calleri y Lodeiro: Dirigentes ingleses vendrán a ver a Boca contra Lanus y Racing para observar a ambos.
0 retweets 0 favorites

Tweeted by this Argentinian reporter today.

Translated means " English directors will come to watch Boca play against Lanus and Racing in order to scout both Calleri and Lodeiro" (Nicolas Lodeiro is a Uruguayan attacking midfielder, who also plays for Boca Juniors with Calleri).

Racing Club v Boca Juniors 21:00 on Sunday, Oct 18th (League game)
Lanus v Boca Juniors 21:00 on Wed, Oct 28th (Cup game, semi-final)

Great spot, does it specify which club or just 'English Directors?'...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[tweet]652687788844949504[/tweet]

Who is this Hector bloke and does he actually know anything? The only bit of cred is that Brian Owen from The Argus has been chatting to him.

EDIT: and again

[tweet]652689156288679936[/tweet]

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need another striker so maybe he is the man......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Said it before and I'll say it again Cantor's gotta up his game:-

This chap ain't coming to the Albion, FACT.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

Superb stuff from the commentator. Not sure what Warren Aspinall would make of it (Celery, perhaps?). Calleri isn't too shoddy either.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The Twitter account for this Hector bloke has only 756 followers, and most of those are probably down to the fact that he (whoever he is) follows 939 other accounts on Twitter rather than him being a real ITK journalist.

Ignore.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The Twitter account for this Hector bloke has only 756 followers, and most of those are probably down to the fact that he (whoever he is) follows 939 other accounts on Twitter rather than him being a real ITK journalist.

Ignore.

I was thinking similar but then he was the first person to mention Calleri to Brighton.
Do we think the whole story is totally made up from the start - seems odd that he'd pick Brighton :shrug:
This is who he works for:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crónica_TV

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thread De-Subscribe.

No chance of him signing for us, surely there's a palace goon stirring this one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was thinking similar but then he was the first person to mention Calleri to Brighton.
Do we think the whole story is totally made up from the start - seems odd that he'd pick Brighton :shrug:
This is who he works for:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crónica_TV

Nah I think it's genuine and there's genuine interest. The Argus said Barber flew to Argentina in one of their articles... They said it as if it was 100% true...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Nah I think it's genuine and there's genuine interest. The Argus said Barber flew to Argentina in one of their articles... They said it as if it was 100% true...

When my mate saw TB on the rattler coming back from Wolves he totally blanked the question when asked if PB had flown to Argentina.
Take that as a yes.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I would need a new pair of pants if we got both, no chance of it happening but I want to Believe.

What would it cost us must be £15m plus to the land the two

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
When my mate saw TB on the rattler coming back from Wolves he totally blanked the question when asked if PB had flown to Argentina.
Take that as a yes.
For clarification: I did not go to Wolves this season; and at no point was I underneath TB, although given the amount he does for our club, I would happily give him a piggy-back to or from any game he wishes.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
For clarification: I did not go to Wolves this season; and at no point was I underneath TB, although given the amount he does for our club, I would happily give him a piggy-back to or from any game he wishes.

I love the man , it was my little boys first away game at Wolves I bumped into him at New Cross he was clutching a can of Strongbow in one hand and a briefcase in the other, he posed for a photo with my boy and asked him if he was enjoying the season...Top bloke and made my day ( I didn't ask him about Calleri though I was too star-struck) :facepalm:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Everything I see or hear about Calleri makes me think he IS coming, and it'll be pre-announced in late December. We've got eight games until December that might just prove crucial in solidifying his view. The good news is that these games aren't too taxing, with Burnley away the toughest. I suspect that we might get points against the other away teams, who look as though they'll finish nearer mid-table (Leeds, Sheff Wed, Reading), with the possible exception of Reading. Our home games are against teams that we'll have to be looking to wine if we want to challenge for the top six, or even automatic promotion, and want to attract Calleri.

And why us? He'll be coming to Europe, that looks nailed on. This probably means Italy, Spain or England. His game looks well suited to English football, he's playing alongside Tevez who's spent considerable time here. So, if England, why us? Half a season in the Championship will be good to acclimatise him to the style of football, conditions, language, culture, etc. That means that if we go up, and he helps us up (for we need a decent striker to help us up), he's then playing in the PL; if we don't go up, I can see him moving on swiftly. But, hopefully for an increased fee.

Ridiculously optimistic, granted, but not an impossible scenario.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I sent some messages to 'Hector' during the original transfer saga. He replied promptly and called everything correctly. He seems like a kind of Boca 'Andy Naylor'. Perhaps with more access to club business.

It is best to also look up Argentine football publications. I got some useful insights from, I think, Gola!. They called the tune correctly too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here