Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
@HectorAHeredia Brighton top of the league and pushing for Premier League, do you think Carrelli will come in January? #bhafc

• Favorite 1

11:23 PM - 18 Sep 2015

Héctor Heredia ‏@HectorAHeredia Sep 19 Héctor Heredia retweeted AlanB
I think so. I know that in December, Brighton will come back for Calleri.

Paul Brown ‏@pablobrowno Sep 19 @AEBrownings @HectorAHeredia if you mean Calleri then sadly I think we won't get him, unless we are still top maybe?! Big clubs interested.

Héctor Heredia ‏@HectorAHeredia Sep 19
Héctor Heredia retweeted Paul Brown
Brighton will try to get him again.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Top Twitter hunting there. If we are in a similar position it would make sense to make a signing like that to get us over the line.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good twitter work there.
Worded carefully. (Brighton will try again in December) not he is defiantly coming.
If this is to happen I think we would need it sorted in December and have him signed the minute the transfer window opened.
It seems fairly obvious this lad is destined for bigger things that BHA long term but if we managed to get 18 good months out of him and sold him off at a nice profit I would be thrilled, especially if he provides the power that promotes us to the PL

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good twitter work there.
Worded carefully. (Brighton will try again in December) not he is defiantly coming.
If this is to happen I think we would need it sorted in December and have him signed the minute the transfer window opened.
It seems fairly obvious this lad is destined for bigger things that BHA long term but if we managed to get 18 good months out of him and sold him off at a nice profit I would be thrilled, especially if he provides the power that promotes us to the PL

surely if we make it to the premier we would have the money to keep him?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If we can't get Calleri hopefully this shows we are willing to be make another big signing in January to try to maintain what we having going now.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
[/B]surely if we make it to the premier we would have the money to keep him?

Maybe we would for a while. What I was getting at more was if this lad reaches the heights some clearly think he might he is likely to play for a top 6 side either here, Spain, Germany or Italy. That could be us you never know but I'm more inclined to think that would be elsewhere but if we made good money from the deal and he scored plenty of goals as well I would be happy.
I'm not saying if we were in the PL we could not keep hold of him for a bit but realistically we are likely a stepping stone to bigger things

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
[/B]surely if we make it to the premier we would have the money to keep him?

1. Sign him in January, he gives us that extra firepower to get us to the Prem.
2. First season he is the standout player in our side and single handedly keeps us away from danger with a haul of 18 goals and 12 assists.
3. Moves to Juventus for £20m.
4. Money gets reinvested wisely, helping us strengthen on our way to becoming an established PL side.

Seems pretty straightforward.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
2. First season he is the standout player in our side and single handedly keeps us away from danger with a haul of 18 goals and 12 assists.
4. Money gets reinvested wisely, helping us strengthen on our way to becoming an established PL side.

If Sterling sells for 50 Million, Juve would need a bit more than that!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

and sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You know what? I hope we can do better than him if Tony is going to fund a big money signing.

*ducks*
Ulloa in the current squad set up would be different gravy compared to the scraps he was feeding on first time around.

Anyhoo he'll not come, the guy is a Premier League proven goalscorer, that puts him near the top of a very exclusive (and expensive) club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
CALLERI WATCH

Currently has the 4th highest goals scored and 4th highest assists in Argentina's top flight:
http://www.worldfootball.net/scorer/arg-primera-division-2015/
http://www.worldfootball.net/assists/arg-primera-division-2015/

This a recent example of how the boy rolls:

Boca 3 - 0 Banfield

GOALS
G. Peruzzi 4'
(assist by J. Calleri)
1 - 0
J. Calleri 61'
(assist by F. Monzón)
2 - 0
C. Tevez 80'
(assist by J. Calleri)
3 - 0
http://www.worldfootball.net/report/primera-division-2015-boca-juniors-ca-banfield/

Tony, if your watching - this lad would make a wonderful Xmas present to the club and fans!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here