Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jon Obika

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it was a concurrence of unfortunate events.

1. He arrived with high expectations, which means that if he doesn't score a hat-trick in game one, he will be vilified immediately;
2. We had just sold Barnes who, although divisive with fans, was a player Garcia clearly rated very highly and did a very specific job for the team;
3. As a result of point 2, Garcia never really rated him to do the job he needed;
4. He wasn't given very much game time at all and he appeared to get worse/lose confidence on every appearance;
5. He was just not really up to Championship standard.

I think he is just one of those players who will slowly move down the pyramid until he finds his level. You never know, League One may be where he needs to be to start developing as a player again.

Good luck to him!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The thing that makes me think, there must be something about him that you all haven't seen, is the fact he is still on the books of Tottenham, at the age of 23.

Spurs keep hold of a lot of players and loan them out and make money on them, its a nice little earner, his wages were always covered as he was out on loan.

If you do sign him, will you come back and give us your thoughts?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
My enduring image of him was when he picked up the ball near the half-way line and BOOTED the ball forward and tried to run after it. Unfortunately he was so slow he came nowhere near winning the ball back. It reminded me of players I used to play with for Dunbar Rovers 7th team in Sydney

Yep, like watching an early football computer game. I have heard of teams playing kick and rush but not an individual player.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
He is a league 2 player, until he gets a bit of confidence, as he gets older he could probably chip in 10-15 goals a season in league 1 but just seemed to have no footballing brain, a fairly decent athlete but not much else.

he looked scared of the ball and wasnt ready to be playing in a team chasing a playoff spot.

Always impossible to tell how a player will do at a different club but I would be suprised to see him start and set the world on fire. I know he was a t Rovers so it may not go down too well, but Will Hoskins would be your man!

As much as I would love Hoskins to stay, I suspect he will go and Brizzle would be perfect for him, yes he is a former Gashead but he will tear League one a new one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here