Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jon Obika

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I just can't understand the Anti-Obika nonesense on here.
Garcia never gave the kid a chance.

On the very rare occasions he did get on the pitch, he looked rapid.
Scored a goal at Port Vale in the cup using pace and a poacher's instinct.

How any of us can say he's crap is beyond me.

Been at Spurs a while now, so presumably he has something.

I respect your view but respectfully disagree. Spurs keep loaning him out which says a lot especially as it's lower down the pyramid each time

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't really get the chance... But clearly wasn't great!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I've never seen a professional footballer panic so much when in possesion of the ball.

Stumpy Tim

My enduring image of him was when he picked up the ball near the half-way line and BOOTED the ball forward and tried to run after it. Unfortunately he was so slow he came nowhere near winning the ball back. It reminded me of players I used to play with for Dunbar Rovers 7th team in Sydney

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My enduring image of him was when he picked up the ball near the half-way line and BOOTED the ball forward and tried to run after it. Unfortunately he was so slow he came nowhere near winning the ball back. It reminded me of players I used to play with for Dunbar Rovers 7th team in Sydney

That was HILARIOUS. It was this match I believe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26027855

Chin up though, Brizzle kid - he DID score for us last season. Against Port Vale in the cup (having missed an absolute sitter 5 mins beforehand, naturally).

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Right, let me think of something positive to say about him.....

Hmmmm.......

Can I get back to you?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I haven't seen that bicycle kick since the game itself, anyone got a link to it?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Useless. Absolutely useless.

That is a completely unfair assessment. How could we ever tell how good, (or otherwise) he was, without giving him a decent run in the team?

We saw very little of him, but in one of the very few games he did start, he scored a terrific goal at Port Vale in the FA Cup.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'll remember him for two things:

1. THAT first touch against Hull in the FA Cup
2. The only player I've seen attempt a bicycle kick and hit the ROOF of the North Stand

He'd be a quality signing :thumbsup:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I remember before we signed him that he had scored 6 (SIX) goals in the reserves for Spurs in a single game.

Who on earth were they playing? I'm sure the keeper in that game is now stacking shelves at Tescos. He has to be.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
I remember before we signed him that he had scored 6 (SIX) goals in the reserves for Spurs in a single game.

Who on earth were they playing? I'm sure the keeper in that game is now stacking shelves at Tescos. He has to be.

was in not man united? remember hearing this and thinking ohhhh we could have a player on our hands here

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Charlton.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Hmmm where to even start at how useless he was. My arthritic 90 year old Grandad would do better on the field.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I'm wondering if it was the young keeper we signed from Charlton?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He is a league 2 player, until he gets a bit of confidence, as he gets older he could probably chip in 10-15 goals a season in league 1 but just seemed to have no footballing brain, a fairly decent athlete but not much else.

he looked scared of the ball and wasnt ready to be playing in a team chasing a playoff spot.

Always impossible to tell how a player will do at a different club but I would be suprised to see him start and set the world on fire. I know he was a t Rovers so it may not go down too well, but Will Hoskins would be your man!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Didn't get much game time and when he did never showed himself up to the job in the Championship. He had a dreadful time with us.

However, given the track record of out cast off strikers (Murray, Vokes, Woods) he probably be rivalling Pele for you next year.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The thing that makes me think, there must be something about him that you all haven't seen, is the fact he is still on the books of Tottenham, at the age of 23.

And at the age of 23 has made absolutely no progress towards the first team. I think that is more telling.

Still feel bad for him as a human over the TSLR incident, but he was ****ing awful. Every time he received the ball it was as if he had just received a live grenade with the pin pulled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here