Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Joke of the Day

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sounds like one of those stand and delivery company scam calls. You should report it to your bank.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My phone rang last night and a voice said "I'm the dandy highway man that you're too scared to mention. I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"

I told him several times that he had the wrong number but he was adamant.
I am sorry this has happened to you. I recommend registering with the Telephone Preference Service. (https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/)

“The free opt out service enabling you to record your preference on the official register and not receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls.”

If it continues please let us know, as it may be a prank caller and harassment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am sorry this has happened to you. I recommend registering with the Telephone Preference Service. (https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/)

“The free opt out service enabling you to record your preference on the official register and not receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls.”

If it continues please let us know, as it may be a prank caller and harassment.
Thanks but this guy seemed more like a goody two shoes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My phone rang last night and a voice said "I'm the dandy highway man that you're too scared to mention. I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"

You reckon THE Adam Ant called you by accident?

If so, I've got some magic beans I'd like to sell you.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

If I were you, I would put some wax on the tracks and get on out of here. Sounds like a looney.

el punal

For those of you of the older generation you will realise that the OP has got this all wrong. The person he is referring to is indeed Adamant, as in Adam Adamant or Gerald Harper. This was a fictional TV character who was ‘transported’ from the 19th century to 1960s Swinging London.

I claim my TV licence money.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For those of you of the older generation you will realise that the OP has got this all wrong. The person he is referring to is indeed Adamant, as in Adam Adamant or Gerald Harper. This was a fictional TV character who was ‘transported’ from the 19th century to 1960s Swinging London.

ACAB9A5F-E2AF-4581-AEF3-9C8C0BAE304F.jpeg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You reckon THE Adam Ant called you by accident?

If so, I've got some magic beans I'd like to sell you.
I don't think it was by accident, I think it was part of a clever media campaign. Fading pop stars like Adam Ant can no longer rely on selling out tour venues, so instead of relying on people coming to see him - he goes to them. Unfortunately the OP was too stupid to realise it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. “But why?” they asked, as they moved off. “because,” he said “I can’t stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.”

:tumble:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I just found a half frozen tiny bird as I walked home, so I put it in my pocket to give it a chance of survival
When I showed the wife, she told me how much she loved me for being so kind and sensitive, so I thought I'd try for a kiss & cuddle, as she was in a good mood !!
She said "Please, not in front of the chilled wren".

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I had forgotten all about that show!

I loved it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here