Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Joke Du Jour

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I found a couple of weevils in the house yesterday.

One of them had chewed through my furniture, the other was generally just striding around the house and having the odd nibble.

My neighbour asked me why I only threw the first one out.

I said it was because it was the lesser of two weevils.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Do you not worry that the second weevil could become more troublesome and don’t you think your neighbour is becoming a little nosey? 😂😂😂

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do you not worry that the second weevil could become more troublesome and don’t you think your neighbour is becoming a little nosey? 😂😂😂
Not at all. I'm out for the day. She said 'Weevil keep any eye on it for you'

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Weevils will typically only eat damp or decaying wood so it's quite unusual for them to be tucking into your furniture. I'd suggest that weevil did you a favour by illustrating potential structural damp issues with your house but certainly by showing you that your furniture is in need of replacing. A timely insect intervention for sure.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

One of them had chewed through my furniture, the other was generally just striding around the house and having the odd nibble.

Surely the second, lazier one was the lesser of the two weevils.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Weevils will typically only eat damp or decaying wood so it's quite unusual for them to be tucking into your furniture. I'd suggest that weevil did you a favour by illustrating potential structural damp issues with your house but certainly by showing you that your furniture is in need of replacing. A timely insect intervention for sure.
IMG_1427.jpeg

Have you seen Eeyore's house?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
You've made a big mistake here - the second one could be thousands before you know it.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

I heard a joke with exactly the same punchline whilst watching Master and Commander on Saturday :smile:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I heard a joke with exactly the same punchline whilst watching Master and Commander on Saturday :smile:

I must have heard it from someone who heard it whilst watching watching Master and Commander on Saturday.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Do you have giant weevils or something?? I've only ever seen weevils in flour when my mum was going to make a pie for the first time in a year. That involved her blowing inside the flour bag and then sending me to the shop. They didn't even chew through a paper bag!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here