Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du Jour

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As I have just had a nice chat with ChatGPT about the more recent joke thread, I thought I would ask if for a pithy response which was rubbish. So I asked it if it understood the joke. It claims it did but I think AI is still a bit green.

Yes, I understand the Barbie joke. The humor in the joke comes from a play on words, particularly with a double entendre. "Ken came in a different box" has two meanings:
  1. Literally, it suggests that Ken, Barbie's partner, is packaged in a separate box from Barbie herself, which is a common packaging practice for dolls.
  2. Figuratively, it implies that "coming in a different box" refers to a form of contraception, indicating why there isn't a pregnant Barbie doll.
The joke plays on the word "box" to create a witty and slightly risqué punchline, blending the innocent context of dolls with a more mature twist. It's an example of humor that relies on wordplay and the audience's ability to interpret the double meaning.

I mean, I guess it is a form of contraception for Barbie.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think surgery will be unnecessary as it is a plastic doll. The belly appears to be on a hinge allowing anyone to simply open the plastic flap and retrieve the baby from inside.
Seems so much easier than all that blood and guts and agony

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here