Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke du Jour

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And what if his name isn't actually 'Ambulance'? If I had an elephant sitting on my head I wouldn't find it particularly helpful if a stranger walked up and just said "Hi there Ambulance!"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Need clarification on size of ambulance. On the face of it, for it to be sitting on the head of a human man, it must be very small. Possibly even a toy elephant. In which case why call an ambulance. Unless the men with the white coats are coming?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Everyone is assuming it is a real elephant. Before answering the question, I'd need to know if it was an ACTUAL animal, or just a toy. Not that it would make any difference to the person's name, of course. I'd be more interested in an answer to the question 'Why has this man got an elephant on his head?'

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Everyone is assuming it is a real elephant. Before answering the question, I'd need to know if it was an ACTUAL animal, or just a toy. Not that it would make any difference to the person's name, of course. I'd be more interested in an answer to the question 'Why has this man got an elephant on his head?'

Maybe he was carrying it home from a mammoth clearance sale!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Surely the insinuation is one of wishing to assist the man. On the assumption that he is beyond assistance, given that the over bearing weight has caused him to be deceased, I think such an action lends itself to offering false promise.

If he was alive I would try to coax the elephant off whilst asking someone else to call the ambulance.

Is it possible to offer false promise to someone already deceased?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'm familiar with lots of these "What do call a man/woman with........?" The answer is usually the name of a person, like Russel, Annette, Doug etc. I know a few Ans, but I don't know anyone with the surname, Ambulance. This makes no sense whatsoever.

It is possible that the last and first names have been switched. As often happens when people's names are being indexed.

So this chap Lance Anambu is truly unfortunate. It is highly likely he would have been crushed, so the Undertaker would probably be first on my list.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is it possible to offer false promise to someone already deceased?

Well, yes. Especially as they can't hold you to it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
On a related note, did you know that Afrika Bambaataa has an identical twin brother called India and the only way you can tell them apart is that his brother has slightly smaller ears.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What about a minutes silence before the Derby game for this poor sod crush by the elephant ?

RIP ..... crushed man under elephant.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
What about a minutes silence before the Derby game for this poor sod crush by the elephant ?

RIP ..... crushed man under elephant.

Where does it say that the man has died? I might as well start reading the Arsgas again if you're going to make up stories on a presumed scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here