Johnson's Brexit - BRINO, or No deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will Johnson do ?

• Total voters

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just to let you know chaps we don't need permission to leave the EU on the 31st of December........... WE'VE ALREADY LEFT
regards
DF

oh... you've gone. without answering my question again. you're not running away, are you, baz? it's just that mob violence is your thing, isn't it; it gets you up in the morning, you've always got an opinion. you're not running away? are you baz. you've got nothing to hide, baz; 'cos you're proud of who and what you are.

you weren't one of those fat old, pissed up, coked up, c*nts, playing at soldiers, were you baz?
is that why you're hiding?

regards, etc

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
its not all one way. the fishery issue is quite difficult for some EU nations at home. would they carry on fishing, illegally, UK waters? would expect so, tres awkward though. there is talk of a glimmer of movement our side on state-aid, which might lead to a sensible agreement. there's also the suggestion of a "skinny" deal, covering trade and majority of chapters agreed, with the contentious issues left for later. in other words an extension but not called that.

what both sides need is for the other side not to shout about a victory, rather a reluctant compromise give the circumstances blah blah. they can then sell that without the other pouring cold water on it. triumphalism is biggest risk, then we default no deal.
The fisheries issue is a complex one. Traditionally European fishermen, including the UK's, fish each others waters at different times and often for different species, its complicated but some sort of agreement could be reached. But, to complicate things, fish don't recognise territorial limits so there still needs to be agreements on TAC's across European waters.. In recent years Mackerel have been moving much further North due to warming sea temperatures and consequently the Norwegian and Icelandic boats have been slaughtering them as they were never given a Mackerel quota!

It must be said to that we can't blame Johnny Foreigner for stealing all the fish, UK boats wiped out North Sea Cod and Herring stocks and destroyed the Cornish Pilchard industry which has only recovered in recent years.

Ps, part of the Bill passed last night includes a rule that rules out all British Fishing vessels above a certain length being forced to install a locating transponder.. I wonder why?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Baker Banned?
By the sounds of things yes, nothing in Moderating Decisions yet as to the length or severity of the ban though. Its long overdue for many reasons, most of them sick and despicable.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
By the sounds of things yes, nothing in Moderating Decisions yet as to the length or severity of the ban though. Its long overdue for many reasons, most of them sick and despicable.

He’s gone has he? Good riddance to sick scum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looks like mid-October deadline will pass. thin deal incoming, no-tariff trade and common areas of agreement, kick the complex points down the road.

outside bet there will never be a final agreement, in continual negotiation?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It's the 15th October. The day on which Johnson said we'd walk away if we had no deal. There's no deal. Will we walk away? No.

I know no-one wants to be a pushover in a negotiation and that now we're in this pitiful position we have to try to scrape the best deal we can, but it is a total mess (to put it mildly). And while I'm on the case, have we heard any of the positives from our Brexit-following friends lately? Could it be that there simply are no positives? (Something that occurred to some of us back in 2016.)

And all this in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.....................

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's the 15th October. The day on which Johnson said we'd walk away if we had no deal. There's no deal. Will we walk away? No.

I know no-one wants to be a pushover in a negotiation and that now we're in this pitiful position we have to try to scrape the best deal we can, but it is a total mess (to put it mildly). And while I'm on the case, have we heard any of the positives from our Brexit-following friends lately? Could it be that there simply are no positives? (Something that occurred to some of us back in 2016.)

And all this in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.....................

Anyone with half a brain can see we need to negotiate either putting Brexit on hold or better yet, scrapping it. Now is not the time to be damaging our already moribund country.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Anyone with half a brain can see we need to negotiate either putting Brexit on hold or better yet, scrapping it. Now is not the time to be damaging our already moribund country.

Support for Brexit has tanked and less than 30% still support it of which a large majority are just the loons, i've come to the conclusion that these people are serial moaners who should be ignored, once Brexit is done they'll just moan about something else, why do we still listen to Farage? he makes no secret of the fact he's a racist

I used to respect the argument about democracy but alot less now. If you have to take away people's rights, break the good friday agreement, break international law, destabalise our industries, create mass market uncertainty, stagnate economic growth, u-turn on every promise, create a bonfire of regulation - then democracy doesn't work.

Jan 30, 2008
Support for Brexit has tanked and less than 30% still support it of which a large majority are just the loons, i've come to the conclusion that these people are serial moaners who should be ignored, once Brexit is done they'll just moan about something else, why do we still listen to Farage? he makes no secret of the fact he's a racist

I used to respect the argument about democracy but alot less now. If you have to take away people's rights, break the good friday agreement, break international law, destabalise our industries, create mass market uncertainty, stagnate economic growth, u-turn on every promise, create a bonfire of regulation - then democracy doesn't work.

We left on the 31st of January this year, you and the fun boy three need to get over yourselves
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports