Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnson's Brexit - BRINO, or No deal

What will Johnson do ?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Support for Brexit has tanked and less than 30% still support it of which a large majority are just the loons, i've come to the conclusion that these people are serial moaners who should be ignored, once Brexit is done they'll just moan about something else, why do we still listen to Farage? he makes no secret of the fact he's a racist

I used to respect the argument about democracy but alot less now. If you have to take away people's rights, break the good friday agreement, break international law, destabalise our industries, create mass market uncertainty, stagnate economic growth, u-turn on every promise, create a bonfire of regulation - then democracy doesn't work.
The Kremlin's hybrid attack has been more successful than their wildest dreams.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We left on the 31st of January this year, you and the fun boy three need to get over yourselves
Regards
DF

This is exactly why Johnson, if he had any actual balls, would do the decent thing and effectively go for the least worst BRINO option.

Yes, some of the headbangers in the Tory party would be wetting themselves and he may find himself out on his ear in short shrift, but to the voters of Brexit and those who turned to Johnson to 'deliver' Brexit all is well that ends well, and for them its ended very well and he will be forever immortalised.

Nothing more really needs to happen to satisfy the vast, vast majority of people who voted for Brexit; we will have technically left the EU. Everyone, bar from a few ideological weirdos, would be relatively happy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is exactly why Johnson, if he had any actual balls, would do the decent thing and effectively go for the least worst BRINO option.

Yes, some of the headbangers in the Tory party would be wetting themselves and he may find himself out on his ear in short shrift, but to the voters of Brexit and those who turned to Johnson to 'deliver' Brexit all is well that ends well, and for them its ended very well and he will be forever immortalised.

Nothing more really needs to happen to satisfy the vast, vast majority of people who voted for Brexit; we will have technically left the EU. Everyone, bar from a few ideological weirdos, would be relatively happy.

BRINO would be the sensible thing given the state of the nation due to Covid-19, at least for a year or so....He will be out on his ear whatever. Johnson has proved to be a liability to the Tory party and the nation and he knows it, if he does not get get stiffed by the Tory party he will walk, he knows he can't cope with the job.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1317762335273091073[/TWEET]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just heard that we have 6 times more personal trainers than fishermen in the UK.

Can you imagine the sheer surrealism of losing a trade deal (-5% impact on GDP) with our major trading partner on the basis of personal trainers losing their exclusive right to meet their clients in the UK?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
As usual they'll only interview Brextremists like Gove, always the same go to experts who have been completely wrong up until now

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just seen the latest TV ad on getting ready for Brexit. The note of naïve optimism seems to have disappeared c/w the previous one. The slight problem is that business doesn't yet know what Brexit means so it's pretty hard to prepare for it. And here's me thinking it would be the easiest deal in history and that frictionless trade would be a given.

Meanwhile the bishops have have in criticising the ethicality of breaking international law. As (when I was a lad) the C of E was described as 'the Conservative party at prayer', I guess this is another bullet hole in the Brexiteer's veneer of respectability. Can't see them being bothered.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen the latest TV ad on getting ready for Brexit. The note of naïve optimism seems to have disappeared c/w the previous one. The slight problem is that business doesn't yet know what Brexit means so it's pretty hard to prepare for it. And here's me thinking it would be the easiest deal in history and that frictionless trade would be a given.

Meanwhile the bishops have have in criticising the ethicality of breaking international law. As (when I was a lad) the C of E was described as 'the Conservative party at prayer', I guess this is another bullet hole in the Brexiteer's veneer of respectability. Can't see them being bothered.

But that Conservative party of my lifetime has long gone now. All the experienced conservative politicians have either left the party or run to the back benches, putting as much distance as possible between them and this utter clusterf***.

All we are left with is a few swivel eyed loons (Mark Francois, Steve Baker, Jacob Rees-Mogg, etc) and a few first and second term MPs who would sell their own parents to get into Cabinet (Rishi Sunak, Alok Sharma, Suella Braverman, Robert Jenrick etc ), all of whom had no experience before being promoted by Johnson, under the direction of Dominic Cummings.

And the only Cabinet member with any significant experience is Michael Gove, who is only there waiting for his opportunity to stab Johnson in the back again :lolol:

I'm afraid 'The Conservative party' got sacrificed under the wheels of Cameron and Johnson's careers some years back :shrug:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
But that Conservative party of my lifetime has long gone now. All the experienced conservative politicians have either left the party or run to the back benches, putting as much distance as possible between them and this utter clusterf***.

All we are left with is a few swivel eyed loons (Mark Francois, Steve Baker, Jacob Rees-Mogg, etc) and a few first and second term MPs who would sell their own parents to get into Cabinet (Rishi Sunak, Alok Sharma, Suella Braverman, Robert Jenrick etc ), all of whom had no experience before being promoted by Johnson, under the direction of Dominic Cummings.

And the only Cabinet member with any significant experience is Michael Gove, who is only there waiting for his opportunity to stab Johnson in the back again :lolol:

I'm afraid 'The Conservative party' got sacrificed under the wheels of Cameron and Johnson's careers some years back :shrug:

Totally agree - which is why I said they wouldn't be bothered. I'd like to see Liz Truss get a mention in your roll-call of dishonour!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
apparently Barnier talked up reaching an agreement, even if our own politicans arent. weird old game.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I see Johnson has re-opened talks even though the EU hasn't moved :lolol:

So what's it to be, BRINO or extension ? I'm starting to think extension may be his only way to try and save face. 'We have negotiated a free trade deal, but we going to continue negotiating a few outstanding points (Fisheries, Level Playing Field, ECJ primacy, Irish border, Rules and regulations etc etc') and paying the EU in the interim.

But it won't be an extension :nono: it will be a deal. And the normal idiots will lap it up the same way as the bus, the oven ready deal, the Australia deal :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here