Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] John Terry

Should Big JT have been in Brazil?

• Total voters

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We did not look threatening at any of our corners in both games. I fill Terry is very good at the corners at both ends.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
turn back 8 years and you'll see a squad that was full of talent but still had a large number of good or great central defenders unfortunately we don't have them anymore

Terry, Ferdinand, King, Woodgate, Brown, Campbell. interestingly this was at a time when we had no wingers but only had 2 strikers which hasn't changed

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Terry is in a different league to a mid-table EPL hoofball merchant like Jagielka. Priority number one for England now has to be finding at least one young centre-back who can become a fixture in our team for ten years. It doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is, if you've got Cahill and Jagielka in the middle you'll always concede goals against good strikers.

I would suggest that all four of the goals we've conceded have been down to poor defending, with two being Jagielka's fault. Just not good enough.

Stones is the one. Hopefully Martinez will ensure his development continues. Nearest player we've had to Rio Ferdinand for a long time.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
As previously said - Terry's record for England is of making monumental howlers in defense. As previously stated, the one against Germany where he inexplicably sprinted twenty yards forward leaving him on the half way line as the ball sailed over his head to the German strikers was far worse than anything last night.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No. He has not shown at any other world or Euro cups that he would have made a difference. He would have also been given the run around last night. He is the best CB that is English but i do not think he would have made a big difference. Suarez had 2 chances and took them both. This is the difference at international football

Stumpy Tim

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
There's certainly some truth in that to be fair. I can't stand Dianne Abbott for the same reason - she's a blatant racist but gets away with it

Not really, was it just faux lefty liberals making a big deal of the Terry racism thing? I'm sure The Sun, Daily Mail, Express and Telegraph covered it as well. Though they probably are lefty and liberal to bushy

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Did anyone voting yes actually watch John Terry vs Germany?

The guy used to be soooo good, we just had to put up with him being such an obnoxious prick, but now he is only moderately better than the two out there, then the downside with the bloke massively outweigh it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here