Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] John Lewis Christmas Advert

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've seen the McDonald's one and I'll give it to them, it beats John Lewis. An absolute joy and even the biggest scrooge will find it heartwarming, Mrs Crodo was in tears.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Apparently people have been complaining that the 222 bus goes from Uxbridge to Hounslow rather than to Tooting as shown in the advert.

Those people have FAR too much time on their hands.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever beat Sky's Elliot and ET reunion after 37 years Xmas advert last year. It was magnificent

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Pretty sure she would still consider herself a Brightonian, having been brought up here?

Really?
Lived in Dagenham after moving from USA, then lived in Saltdean, I don’t know the exact road she lived in but half of Saltdean isn’t even Brighton, many people don’t class the other half as Brighton.
Not a Brightonian IMO.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Really?
Lived in Dagenham after moving from USA, then lived in Saltdean, I don’t know the exact road she lived in but half of Saltdean isn’t even Brighton, many people don’t class the other half as Brighton.
Not a Brightonian IMO.

She used to live in Lynwood Road on the east side of Longridge Avenue....so beyond the Brighton border. She also worked in the charity shop on Longridge at weekends according to my missus.

How do I know she lived there? Because I ran her over about 10-12 years ago when I was driving along there. Still got the card from her apologizing for running out into the road in front of me.

Lucky I was only doing about 20mph, otherwise you lot wouldn't have had her singing on the advert this year...:laugh:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ball stuck up the tree.

DONT SING HIM UP.

Next.

Hang on... Is that...? Could it be...?

Leonardo+Ulloa+Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Derby+8qaBcPNsvUPl.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
She used to live in Lynwood Road on the east side of Longridge Avenue....so beyond the Brighton border. She also worked in the charity shop on Longridge at weekends according to my missus.

How do I know she lived there? Because I ran her over about 10-12 years ago when I was driving along there. Still got the card from her apologizing for running out into the road in front of me.

Lucky I was only doing about 20mph, otherwise you lot wouldn't have had her singing on the advert this year...:laugh:

Wikipedia mentions her living in Saltdean, the charity shop is also mentioned.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Sainsbury's one has received quite a few critical tweets.

[tweet]1327506558322880514[/tweet]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Sainsbury's one has received quite a few critical tweets.

[tweet]1327506558322880514[/tweet]

The beautifully sweet family Saino's ad seems to have mobilised the entire I'm-Not-A-Racist-But... brigade. Big surprise there then :rolleyes: Says WAY more about them than it does about the Saino's ad :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here