Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] John Lewis Christmas Advert

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Horrible, syrupy drivel. Christ, what's the matter with people? John Lewis is just a SHOP desperate to sell people loads of STUFF at Christmas so they've managed to engineer this faux Christmas tradition and so many people are sucked in.

Although I'll admit it's just the latest in a long line of faux Christmas traditions engineered over the centuries.

Opinion, truth and context.
Great post.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Every year I'm left completely nonplussed at people who actually pay attention and purposefully watch particular ads on the telly. This was never a "thing" to my knowledge until about 6-7 years ago.

Admittedly I don't watch an awful lot of commercial TV, but when I do, and we arrive at an ad break, its either fast-forwarded or I go flicking. Who are these people who actually sit through them and pay attention to them ?

Weird.

It's HEARTWARMING of course. Thought I would get in before Crodo... :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Celeste, being the Brightonian (went to Varndean College) who also sings Stop This Flame, the title music for Sky Sports Football. Rather than the one from Daphne & Celeste!

You are correct about the singer and that she went to Varndean College, but she’s not a Brightonian, born in USA.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The McDonalds’ Christmas ad is genius.

Defy anyone to watch it without blubbing and then dashing out for a Big Mac.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The McDonalds’ Christmas ad is genius.

Defy anyone to watch it without blubbing and then dashing out for a Big Mac.

Jeez, I just lost my s*** watching that. Very good.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
An incredible song by Celeste (for you music moguls you may remember her previously from Daphne & Celeste fame).

Possibly their best ever.

:ohmy:

I prefer her old stuff which was much better received.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The John Lewis ad from 2015 will always be the greatest IMO.
Old bloke on the moon looks into his telescope, zooms in on Earth and sees Whitehawk
Priceless

:)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Celeste was incredible on the Voice tonight. Come a long way since her Daphne and Celeste days, a definite maturity in her performance as a solo artist.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Celeste was incredible on the Voice tonight. Come a long way since her Daphne and Celeste days, a definite maturity in her performance as a solo artist.

Perhaps a solo version of the hit U.G.L.Y wouldn’t have gone a miss though...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Perhaps a solo version of the hit U.G.L.Y wouldn’t have gone a miss though...

I think a stripped back acoustic version might have delivered the magic we never appreciated in the original

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worst effort for many years. Give the snowman one or the hare and the bear every time. Even the Hitler on the moon one was better than this. I'd even take a bouncing boxer as well or a penguin or two.

But this was poor. No emotional response from me. Just poor.

They need to up their game next year or this will cease to be a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here