Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Guidetti

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Wasn't Guidetti on bench last night for Man City. Don't they have to name a squad of 25? If this is the case and he was on the bench I guess it makes the chances of getting him on loan less likely, shame.

Just checked he was not on bench, apologies. So glass half full again!!!! Fingers crossed

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wasn't Guidetti on bench last night for Man City. Don't they have to name a squad of 25? If this is the case and he was on the bench I guess it makes the chances of getting him on loan less likely, shame.

No, bench was:

• 30 Pantilimon
  • 13 Kolarov
  • 07 Milner
  • 08 Nasri
  • 14 Garcia
  • 17 Rodwell
  • 09 Negredo

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

While I agree with you that this is unlikely, if he was under 21 on 1.1.13 he doesn't need to be named in the 25 and can still be selected, the squad restrictions are only for 'senior' players. So him being on the city bench isn't necessarily the nail in this rumour's coffin...

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012

Just checked, he wasn't on bench. So lets hope - could be good news!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This is the sort of player that we should be pulling out all the stops to get.

If we sign him, I will be seriously re-evaluating where I reckon we will finish this season.

Swedish Jonny = going up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Forest really aren't taking the whole Financial Fair Play thing that seriously are they? Did they not get the memo?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Forest really aren't taking the whole Financial Fair Play thing that seriously are they? Did they not get the memo?

I guess if you are prepared to gamble, you'd take the punishment for breaking the rules on the chin in return for a Prem payday and potentially parachute payments for four years thereafter (always assuming you don't use the funds to bob back up to the Prem again the following year using the unfair advantage you got by flaunting the rules in the first place!)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Straight shoot out I'd imagine forest is more appealing

Unless we can't meet City's % of wages contribution due to 'playing it by the book', despite any perception that we play 'better football'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Aren't they trying to side-step it by getting a huge sponsorship deal from one of the owner's businesses?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
[tweet]369832703207550976[/tweet]

Google translate.....John Guidetti is no room for Manchester City and therefore calls for an assignment. The Brighton seems to be close to getting it. # FutBRIT

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
ant457: Manchester City's John Guidetti looks set for another loan away from the Etihad, he's heading south to join up with Brighton

I would say he isn't a Brighton supporter by the way it's worded. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Aren't they trying to side-step it by getting a huge sponsorship deal from one of the owner's businesses?
No, that's what FFP is meant to stop,....amongst other things.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here