Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Guidetti

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This would be a Vicente sized coup if we could get him. A years rehabilitation with us getting him ready for Man City next season. He could be a goal-a-game player in the Championship & I like the fact he has some Brazilian blood. Please Burke, make this happen!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if true i would re- asses where we would finish,they guy is prem quailty,and would say we would make the play -offs

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This would be a great signing! We currently have a very solid base for a championship team that with more playing time will improve, but a signing like Guidetti, plus maybe an attacking midfielder, would turn us into promotion contenders! Make it happen Burke & Bloom!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This would be a Vicente sized coup if we could get him. A years rehabilitation with us getting him ready for Man City next season. He could be a goal-a-game player in the Championship & I like the fact he has some Brazilian blood. Please Burke, make this happen!

I wouldn't go that far. Vicente was the Juan Mata or David Silva of his heyday (he probably had a massive influence on their early careers when he was top boy at Valencia and they were both coming through), like actually WORLD class, a £30-40 million player. I doubt we will see another coup like that until we are (if we ever do) challenging for top six.
Not that Guidetti wouldn't be a massive signing, he definitely would be. He and Ulloa up top would be insane.

salfordseagull

Feb 28, 2009
Do we have some kind of link or association with man city? Razak, Assulin, Bridge and this fella(assuming there's any truth in the rumour. Or is it just coincidence?

Two of the movers and shakers in the Citeh hierarchy are both ex Barca and so would be very familiar with Oscar. May help tip the balance in our favour with Guidetti, who knows...??

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://mobile.nottinghamforestrumours.co.uk said:
19 Aug 2013 13:13:13
A season long loan for John Guidetti is being discussed with Manchester City.

His agent, Per Jonsson, was asked if the player would consider a loan to a Championship club considering the level of club he has played for in recent seasons. Guidetti was said to be interested in the move and would relish the chance for first team experience in England.

Having had this confirmed, the club then approached Manchester City with a formal written enquiry as to the player's availability. The response denied the opportunity of a permanent transfer but said that a season long loan would be possible if the loan fee of £475k was paid and a 'substantial contribution towards the player's salary' was offered.

This information was passed onto me recently by Per Jonsson, the player's agent

Looks like there's a battle.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Forest don't seemed too concerned about FFP by the looks of it.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012

Wasn't Guidetti on bench last night for Man City. Don't they have to name a squad of 25? If this is the case and he was on the bench I guess it makes the chances of getting him on loan less likely, shame.

salfordseagull

Feb 28, 2009

Assuming we're prepared to meet the financials I can only see one winner of that particular battle.

Oscar with his pedigree and reputation for developing young players whilst playing attacking football v a whining bitter Scotsman with a track record of playing 'robust' football.

No brainer really, lets hope we've got the cash and Swedish Johnny sees sense!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here