Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Cooper Clark.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't normally like poetry, but in his case I would make an exception. He's clever, funny when he wants to be, a bit too northern for my liking, but a good thing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's ClarkE

Never forgotten one of the great poetic opening lines

Theatre, theatre
Whenever I'm near t
The theatre

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Haven't seen him perform since 1981 but really enjoyed it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Got all of his stuff, Beasley street is one of the best songs about the UK in the late 70s early 80s. With lyrics like "Sir Keith Joseph smiles and baby dies in a box on Beasley Street"

One of the great come back line after being Heckled... Someone in the crowd shouts something, JCC comes back with “can’t hear you mate cause your mouths full of shit!”

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
'Keith Joseph smiles and a baby dies in a box on Beasley St'. Of course when Ian Duncan Smith smiles the result is very different

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Got all of his stuff, Beasley street is one of the best songs about the UK in the late 70s early 80s. With lyrics like "Sir Keith Joseph smiles and baby dies in a box on Beasley Street"

One of the great come back line after being Heckled... Someone in the crowd shouts something, JCC comes back with “can’t hear you mate cause your mouths full of shit!”

Reminds me of a young Lenny Henry djing at Cinderellas saying to a heckler, " if your cock is as big as your mouth I feel sorry for your girlfriend"

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
He most definitely is not shit, he did Chicken Town and that is a classic, plus he was in Ill Manors "Pity the Plight" ...... Nuff said

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire

"The rats have all got rickets..."

Brilliant poem

He could also do humour as in I married a monster from outer space and The Day My Pad Went Mad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here