Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joey Barton

If you put Merson and Aluko both on co comms together with no additional support / anchor both would be legitimately found out very quickly.

Agree, she will be seen as untouchable, not her fault per say but she will know the value add

Merson continues to spout nonsense and these days just shouts “ waat you orn about” or “av a day orrrrf” at Mike Dean. He’s only been kept on to avoid the full clean sweep of the old guard. I can’t say this as factual but does make you wonder why he was the chosen one, again potentially keeping an alcoholic busy on a Saturday to avoid being seen as complicit to the any potential next episode.

There are better , more capable people out there to do the role.
He’s not my cup of tea but he ticks the “relatable bloke” diversity box. As long you surround him with someone who can make more analytical points, he’s ok by me

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That looks libellous. I don't think there's any evidence that Schofield had sex with someone under age, or that ITV covered up something that didn't happen.
Yep. Ironically, he could be the one ending up getting screwed.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I spent many years speaking up for Barton, recognizing the mental health issues (that lead to spur of the moment acts of madness). However all this is different. It is considered, written and published. Not impulsive. One can only assume he has gone full Icke/Le Tiss.

It seems to be a genuine phenomenon: some people can see that their impulses are wrong, and restrain them for years in all but spur of the moment situations, but at some point in their life they simply give into them, and let them hold sway. Barton is now a car crash and needs to have his platform (which he is using largely to immolate himself) removed for his own safety.
I agree. I'd say more Fox/Hopkins (even Williamson/Jones) than le Tiss though.
As you say, it's considered. He's spotted a gap in the market & he's going for it. Depressingly, quite successfully

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That looks libellous. I don't think there's any evidence that Schofield had sex with someone under age, or that ITV covered up something that didn't happen.
If it is I’m sure we’ll see lawyers mobilised. He’s double or treble downed on it this morning. As soon as someone sues him he’ll play the victim and start posting about “woke courts”

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Barton is a grade A scumbag but do you know for sure that last bit didn’t happen?

I spent many years speaking up for Barton, recognizing the mental health issues (that lead to spur of the moment acts of madness). However all this is different. It is considered, written and published. Not impulsive. One can only assume he has gone full Icke/Le Tiss.

It seems to be a genuine phenomenon: some people can see that their impulses are wrong, and restrain them for years in all but spur of the moment situations, but at some point in their life they simply give into them, and let them hold sway. Barton is now a car crash and needs to have his platform (which he is using largely to immolate himself) removed for his own safety.
It’s the problem when you have so much of our media and broadcasting ecosystem devoted to promoting this “anti woke” drivel. Barton has probably played his cards poorly as he may be too toxic even for a job with them though but you never know. But he’s clearly planning a career as a far right media personality but may have to make do with YouTube or some other platform like that. Strange, I thought he showed SOME promise at Bristol Rovers but he’s clearly had enough of that type of hard work

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Barton is a grade A scumbag but do you know for sure that last bit didn’t happen?
Do I know for certain that Schofield didn't have sex with an underage person - no. But that doesn't matter. The question is, can Barton prove that he did? I don't think so. And if he can't, then he can be done for libel, by both Schofield and ITV.

And do you think Barton would be posting about it if it was a young women that Schofield had had a relationship with? I doubt it. It seems that he's most offended by the concept of people, in his words, bumming.

Last edited:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Do I know for certain that Schofield didn't have sex with an underage person - no. But that doesn't matter. The question is, can Barton prove that he did? I don't think so. And if he can't, then he can be done for libel, but both Schofield and ITV.

And do you think Barton would be posting about it if it was a young women that Schofield had had a relationship with? I doubt it. It seems that he's most offended by the concept of people, in his words, bumming.
Sorry, was just the way you finished your post with a statement that something didn’t happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
corrected for you.

You repeatedly said in that post, you do not know how pundits get their jobs….but then say it seems like box ticking. :shrug:
Yep correct - that is a perfectly fine thing to say - it ‘seems like’ but I don’t know for sure. If you can’t handle opinions that are different best not to try and take them apart when they make sense for some lefty likes 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here