Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Great that we're doing business early. Less need for pissing about with last minute deals at 11pm on deadline day

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Joel Veltman

Almost the same name.. Venkman

Venkman-1.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dutch international RB from Ajax with 20 caps, all for £900K (assuming all that is true) - seems a fantastic bargain, even for an area I didn't think we needed to strengthen..

At 28 though, I can't understand why he would come from Ajax to Brighton mainly - presumably - to keep the bench warm most of the time.

I'm guessing that's not how Joel sees it. We have no other defenders with his record and that pedigree

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Often criticised and abused as the tweet above your post says

Read twitter again. It's a blood bath.

And there's a lot of Ajax fans taking the piss on insta..

Oh go and do one. You could NEVER EVER even for one minuite think that Bloom, Barber, Ashworth and Potter know WTF they are doing and this be GOOD NEWS. Always have to search to dig up shite.

Its just annoying.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
White to replace Duffy, new Dutch ace to replace Montoya

This, it’s so Potter it’s untrue. We’re moving on a centre back with limited footballing ability and a very mediocre right back and replacing them with a ball playing centre back who can play in midfield and an international right back who can play centre back. We’ll almost definitely make money from these deals too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good deal but not a great player !!

Very poor at Ajax recently , lots of mistakes in him. Another Montoya.

Read twitter and you will see Ajax fans pretty happy for him to go.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

It’s a shame. You called the Potter appointment so clearly know a few things, but all you’ve done since is fish, just like the pathetic NHS temp who used to post D’Angelo lyrics on here for attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Oh go and do one. You could NEVER EVER even for one minuite think that Bloom, Barber, Ashworth and Potter know WTF they are doing and this be GOOD NEWS. Always have to search to dig up shite.

Its just annoying.

Don’t forget this guy says he’s mates with lallana and he didn’t have a clue about him signing and even said few days ago this would be extremely unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies if anyone has posted this already.

Ahem.

Can he.......

wait for it.....

play right back?

RIP BG :bowdown:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Twitter awash with mostly incredulous comments (from other club’s fans) about how we managed to snare such a good player for that price and without anything going public ......loads of positive posts from Ajax fans too (top bloke as well as a very good player). Him and Lallana look to be perfect for balancing out the youth in the squad.

Outstanding from the club.

We’ve just bought two Champions League regulars in three days for the grand total of £900k.

Superb business.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Its just annoying.
I was impressed with lallana signing as well as lamptey and maccalister. Maupay was a no brainer too.

However we have made some terrible signings from the Dutch league this seems to be our blind spot.

Obviously will give the guy the benefit of the doubt !!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He looks like a very good signing but I wish I was saying that about a striker rather than another defender.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Joel Veltman

I was impressed with lallana signing as well as lamptey and maccalister. Maupay was a no brainer too.

However we have made some terrible signings from the Dutch league this seems to be our blind spot.

Obviously will give the guy the benefit of the doubt !!

Tbf I think you can safely have a punt at 900k at this level. Especially with his experience in the Champions League.

Not quite the same as the £18m or whatever we paid for Locadia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here