Joel Lynch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just watched Derby vs Forest on the telebox here in the USA.

That Joel Lynch lad had an accomplished game at LB.

Why the hell did we ever let him go? Can play LB or CB.

Could do a job!

Feb 14, 2010
At the time we had an old school style english manager - Micky Adams. MA liked players that were "one of the lads", and that would run around alot. A cultured football therefore was not at the time going to want to be a Brighton. Thankfully we now have Poyet, and running around alot and being one of the lads is not as important as passing the ball to a bloke in the same shirt. Shame we lost him, but was a case of the wrong manager not understanding what he had, hence he dropped Lunch for some 3rd divisoion type clogger, that probably was one of the lads

Feb 14, 2010
Yeah, and why did we let Bobby Zamora go eh? As fantastic as it would be to hold on to all the great players we've had over the years, most will want to play at a higher level or at bigger clubs. Wankers.

Check your facts, Adams dropped him and Lynch rightly asked why Adams hoofing useless signing was picked instead. Adams plays long balll, Lynch would have suited Poyet but never and Adams or "Harry" Bassett or Graham Taylor of this world type manager.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have the impression that Lynch would fit in perfectly to our current set up.

Just a shame we lost him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He left because Hawkins was picked ahead of him by that insane Adams bloke.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Calderon el abd Greer and painter

4 reasons why he would not be on the team now.

Move on.

Actually I think he would push Painter for the LB slot, and would provide extra cover for CB which Painter does not.

Not that I've anything against Painter ... very good player ... but so is Joel.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes he did. He was possibly the worst defender in our entire history.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes he did. He was possibly the worst defender in our entire history.

Not at the start of the season, he wasn't. We were unbeaten in the first five games with Hawkins and without Lynch starting. Lynch made it clear that he wanted to leave by that stage and one of our ex-players intimated that Lynch's attitude stunk the place out.

Feb 14, 2010
Joel Lynch is a footballr. Hi boss (Adams) genuinely thought Hawkins a better footballe and picked Hawkins over him:lolol: Lynch told Brighton that he was off as a result and who could blame him. The answer ? Employ Poyet who appreciates the value of passing the ball instead of hoofing it and playing practial jokes "with the lads"

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Which is incorrect. Thank you, now let's get on with our season.

IN YOUR OPINION it is incorrect. In my opinion he would be pushing Painter for the LB slot, or more likely if we had kept Lynch we would not have signed Painter.

Don't get me wrong, nothing against Painter, but Joel was/is a classy player.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Joel is now playing a level above. He definitely would be useful to us now.

He was rubbish with us. He had a bad attitude. He got skinned by Mansfield's forwards, twice for a cup match we lost when Mansfield were bottom of the league.
He WAS NOT THAT GOOD, and if he's finally improved after spending seasons in Forest's reserves, then it was a long wait and too much money wasted on wages.

Well rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports