Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe mason to Bournemouth

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From wiki- Jutkiewicz scored his first league goal in 1-0 win over Charlton a week later. Since then, he's failed to score in his last 18 games, missing chance after chance. Jutkiewicz not being able to hit the proverbial 'barn door' has left many fans frustrated with his woeful finishing.

Was a fan of him at Coventry though so maybe he's unsettled at Boro, but still, not exactly encouraging.

That's inaccurate. It's no goals in 20 games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I quite like him. Not convinced he's a great fit with our style (Grabban was, I think) but a decent, strong forward.

He's from down South, too - Southampton lad.

Yeh sounds it :lol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I love that as soon as the Albion are linked to a player they immediately (nine times out of ten) become brilliant in the eyes of our supporters. Then, when we don't sign them, they revert back to being useless.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Doesn't sound like an ideal partner for Ulloa then. My ideal of having a big strong centre forward (Ulloa) with pacy attacker playing off is probably a bit too simplistic, but we certainly lacked pace up front on Saturday.

Jimmy Grimble

He's quite similar to Ulloa from what I can remember. I think now would be a good time to sign him from a financial perspective, as if we truly rate him his stock should - in theory - be a bit lower. No goal in 20 games will do anything but add £££ onto his value.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I love that as soon as the Albion are linked to a player they immediately (nine times out of ten) become brilliant in the eyes of our supporters. Then, when we don't sign them, they revert back to being useless.

It's sometimes known as Coppell Syphillis syndrome

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I think I prefer that to the alternative. The one where we sign a player, a Nigel comes on here to tell us he was on loan with them and was complete gash, NSC rubbishes him for saying so, and then finally we get to see it for our own eyes. :rolleyes:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Isn't that because we are usually linked with players who were quite good........hence us wanting them?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Isn't that because we are usually linked with players who were quite good........hence us wanting them?

Of course, but you only need to look at the Grabban fall-out to see the number of people suddenly saying he wasn't that good anyway...

It isn't the initial excitement and talking up of the player's abilities I am criticising, it is the way they suddenly become dismissed by some as useless when we don't sign them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's not though if your means change so radically.

Say for example I'm earning £100k a year, and buy a house and car on that level of income, in keeping with people of a similar standing in my profession. 12 months later my income falls to £20k a year. I would be bankrupt, unless perhaps I had a decent redundancy payoff.

Yes, but you knew there was a big chance you would end up on £20k...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sky Sports indicated that Cardiff had accepted a bid of £1.5m from Bournemouth - mind you that was before Howe denied they'd made any approach for him.

I'm inclined to think Bournemouth are trying to rub our noses in it. They have no intention of signing Mason but put in a bid to screw up any chance of us acquiring another player for a similar price to what was offered for Grabban. I think somebody at Bournemouth has been watching Storage Wars.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm inclined to think Bournemouth are trying to rub our noses in it. They have no intention of signing Mason but put in a bid to screw up any chance of us acquiring another player for a similar price to what was offered for Grabban. I think somebody at Bournemouth has been watching Storage Wars.

What id Cardiff had accepted the bid?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It's not though if your means change so radically.

Say for example I'm earning £100k a year, and buy a house and car on that level of income, in keeping with people of a similar standing in my profession. 12 months later my income falls to £20k a year. I would be bankrupt, unless perhaps I had a decent redundancy payoff.

Your analogy isn't quite right though is it. If you were put on secondment for 9 months and your salary went from 20k to 100k, but you knew there was a chance that at the end of that period you would be going back to 20k p.a. would you pi$$ it all up the wall, or put some aside just in case? Or invest it wisely in home improvements...... like putting some cladding up maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here