Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

D

Deleted member 22389

Not bothered now. End of the day think we still have enough quality to push on, any other players we get are a bonus. Probably money was the factor in this. I'm glad the club don't overstretch if this is the case.
We will all be thankful in the long run.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Slightly embarrassing though, we let Barnes go for 750k which isn't big money even considering his contract was up. We then bid and talk to a Bournemouth Striker, struggle to agree terms and after Bournemouth manager winges about losing his striker, he gets him back. Then we have to try to sign somone else, it's a bit of a mess. Or am I reading this all wrong?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Shambles springs to mind.

Lose your second striker. (sold, looking for another version, deal almost done)
Lose your second central devender. (sell your third as he wants to go)
First team midfielder out for the season. (hardly our fault)
First team midfielder sidelined until sold. (again he wants to go, and his position is covered)

Sign a U21 winger with temperment problems. (or an exciting prospect)

Brilliant, tomorrow should go well then- lets just hope Ulloa doesn't get injured or any other players for that matter.

Can we have an explanation from the Club as to why we've let these players leave- is our wage budget just not competetive despite being the most expensive Championship team to watch with the highest attendance averages. I feel like the fans are getting taken for a ride because our transfer dealins so far have been pathetic, if we can't afford new players then at least dont lose the old ones.

Are you on the blob?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slightly embarrassing though, we let Barnes go for 750k which isn't big money even considering his contract was up. We then bid and talk to a Bournemouth Striker, struggle to agree terms and after Bournemouth manager winges about losing his striker, he gets him back. Then we have to try to sign somone else, it's a bit of a mess. Or am I reading this all wrong?

Is the deal off then?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Grabban is older than Barnes ?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The reason I am not a gambler is probably that the loss of Barnes, AEA and Crofts in a week may well have made me get someone signed up to replace one of them. Tony seems to not be folding on this one. Time will tell whether he is right or not.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Well simple, if he is trying to a get a bigger contract we now make a bid for Mason.

This could result in us getting Mason or Grabban's agent realising he isn't out only option and lowering his expectations.

Why the money Grabban bustard!

(Apols if that gag's already been made, I cannae be arsed to read through 38 pages of utterly pointless drivel).

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Is the deal off then?

No one knows do they. I mean why would he return to Bournemouth? Apart from to go home to bed last night. But normally you hear, 'talks took place yesterday and the club is expected to announce the signing later today', not 'player returns to club, no news'.

It doesn't sound to me like it's going to happen. He's after too much money? Want to be on CMS and Ulloa wages? Who knows?

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Supposed to be 10am announcement... Maybe we have simply matched your 'wage' offer...????

All a bit of a farce though, unless he comes out and says he has done the deal that is...

D

Deleted member 22389

No one knows do they. I mean why would he return to Bournemouth? Apart from to go home to bed last night. But normally you here, 'talks took place yesterday and the club is expected to announce the signing later today', not 'player returns to club, no news'.

It doesn't sound to me like it's going to happen. He's after too much money? Want to be on CMS and Ulloa wages? Who knows?

That's what I think too. Like I say not bothered.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
A lot of impatient people on here recently, get a grip!

Is it not possible that Grabban has agreed terms, but wanted to do the sensible thing and sleep on it?

It would seem Ashley Barnes did exactly the same before signing for Burnley last week

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
No one knows do they. I mean why would he return to Bournemouth? Apart from to go home to bed last night. But normally you hear, 'talks took place yesterday and the club is expected to announce the signing later today', not 'player returns to club, no news'.

How would he know CMS's and Ulloa's wages? But you are probably right he wants too much dosh I guess or his agent does.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Supposed to be 10am announcement... Maybe we have simply matched your 'wage' offer...????

All a bit of a farce though, unless he comes out and says he has done the deal that is...

No disrespect intended but even if the wages being offered were the same surely we are a better long term project than Bournemouth? Depends how ambitious he is, maybe he is comfortable at Bournemouth, in which case we should just pull out of the deal.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
No disrespect intended but even if the wages being offered were the same surely we are a better long term project than Bournemouth? Depends how ambitious he is, maybe he is comfortable at Bournemouth, in which case we should just pull out of the deal.

Exactly... At the end of the day, despite everyone having their friends, uncles distant relative 'in the know' no-one really knows what is going on... Just hope it does not end up being a drawn out thing... Needs to be sorted today, either way, and both clubs move on...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Yes it is, Brighton aren't without farce sometimes in the transfer market. We are funny with signings, players have to fill a huge criteria. Ability, personality, personal circumstance, money & contract. Bloom is the sort of chairman that won't pay a penny over what he and his team think a player is worth. See recent Paul Konchesky incident, although I'm more than happy with Ward, konchesky thought he had agreed terms and then BHAFC went cold and the player said he had no idea why. I think BHAFC are very much like Arsenal in the way they sign players and it can be really frustrating. Long term though, it's a good thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here