Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes it is, Brighton aren't without farce sometimes in the transfer market. We are funny with signings, players have to fill a huge criteria. Ability, personality, personal circumstance, money & contract. Bloom is the sort of chairman that won't pay a penny over what he and his team think a player is worth. See recent Paul Konchesky incident, although I'm more than happy with Ward, konchesky thought he had agreed terms and then BHAFC went cold and the player said he had no idea why. I think BHAFC are very much like Arsenal in the way they sign players and it can be really frustrating. Long term though, it's a good thing.

The club is being run how it should be, like a proper business. Compare us to some of the clubs around us and the way they have splashed the cash this season, we are in a very good position business wise. Yes these other clubs might reach the dizzy heights of the premier league before us, but they will have one big debt on their backs before they have even kicked a ball in the Premier League. They will need to buy new players, increase the wages of existing players so the debt just gets bigger. Hopefully we will reach the Premier League with minimal debt, placing us in the best position possible to be competetive and most importantly stay there. Our gate receipts will increase, along with all the other riches the Premier League brings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If talks are progressing slowly, he is Bournemouths player, so is returning that unusual ?

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
At this stage nobody knows for certain he'd improve the team. So if the player is not sure about the move, because he wants more £££'s, doesn't like wearing blue & white, is happy where he is etc etc, then so be it. The most important thing is players with the ability AND committed to BHAFC.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe Bournemouth have decided they didn't want to wait for Tony Bloom to wake up, and wanted their player back, for a vital game this weekend. I am sure we are speaking to his agent.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Forget him then and lets move onto the next one why there is still time although I can't see anyone coming in now after this rejection as our back-up plans are never ready

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The club is being run how it should be, like a proper business. Compare us to some of the clubs around us and the way they have splashed the cash this season, we are in a very good position business wise. Yes these other clubs might reach the dizzy heights of the premier league before us, but they will have one big debt on their backs before they have even kicked a ball in the Premier League. They will need to buy new players, increase the wages of existing players so the debt just gets bigger. Hopefully we will reach the Premier League with minimal debt, placing us in the best position possible to be competetive and most importantly stay there. Our gate receipts will increase, along with all the other riches the Premier League brings.

Totally agree mate. Yet as I said, can be a tad frustrating, especially when you've just let 2 good players go.

D

Deleted member 22389

Totally agree mate. Yet as I said, can be a tad frustrating, especially when you've just let 2 good players go.

Think about our new training ground as well and the plan to bring players through. You know like me that players wages are the biggest expense at every single club these days, imagine if we could bring through 7-8 premiership quality players through. It hasn't cost us anything apart from their wages. No need to go splashing 10,20,30 million pounds on players.

I could see things working out very well for us in the future. Who knows, people can laugh but we could be the next Arsenal and be a club that actually makes some real profits and is not run by some rich foreigner who eventually walks away when they get bored.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If Grabban comes that's fine, but I rate Mason more. I'd be delighted if Plan B was the outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here