Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Are we still going to go down that route whereas a player has a good game against us and we end up buying him.

I also quoted his goalscoring stats for the season. Also, I've no doubt that our scouts will have watched him in more than one game!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Here's a hypothetical for you all. How would people feel if Ulloa left for £6 mil but we signed both of these players? For £1 mil each?

And £4m to spend in other ares then it does sound tempting add the £4-5m for Bridcutt. We could build a very quality squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not good. I would on the other hand, sell Bridcutt for £3.5m, bring in these two plus Conway, and then sign a midfielder.

You'd sell ONE player, and replace him with FOUR players. Where are you going to find the money to PAY them?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Besides, they have to give us a percentage of any cook transfer so we could just say, £900k and you keep what you get for Cook.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd be totally unexcited by the signing of Ritchie. Massively over-rated on here, on the back of one good game.

I'd rather play Solly March. In fact, if Solly could be persuaded to get a really, really shit haircut, we could pretend Ritchie had signed anyway.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
You'd sell ONE player, and replace him with FOUR players. Where are you going to find the money to PAY them?

£3.5 million for Bridcutt plus roughly £1m for Barnes. £1m each for these two leaves £2.5m. Cardiff would only want a small fee for Conway seeing as he is out of contract in the summer and he doesn't play for the first team. Let's say £500k max leaves you with £2m. I'm sure none of the mentioned would be on more than £10k per week. Even if the three of them were, the wages would total £1.5m. I'm sure you could find a decent midfielder on loan with £500k for the rest of the season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£3.5 million for Bridcutt plus roughly £1m for Barnes. £1m each for these two leaves £2.5m. Cardiff would only want a small fee for Conway seeing as he is out of contract in the summer and he doesn't play for the first team. Let's say £500k max leaves you with £2m. I'm sure none of the mentioned would be on more than £10k per week. Even if the three of them were, the wages would total £1.5m. I'm sure you could find a decent midfielder on loan with £500k for the rest of the season.

So you are only going to pay them for ONE season then? :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sold Barnes too.

Oh yes, I forgot. These don't count on NSC.
That's a stupid thing to say. I don't know how many penalties he's scored, I only know that the one against us was a pen. He's got 10 goals so far, and if 5 were penalties, suddenly 5 from open play doesn't sound very impressive.

£3.5 million for Bridcutt plus roughly £1m for Barnes. £1m each for these two leaves £2.5m. Cardiff would only want a small fee for Conway seeing as he is out of contract in the summer
Barnes was out of contract in the summer too, so I don't see why they'd sell Conway for less than we sold Barnes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sold Barnes too.

That's a stupid thing to say. I don't know how many penalties he's scored, I only know that the one against us was a pen. He's got 10 goals so far, and if 5 were penalties, suddenly 5 from open play doesn't sound very impressive.

Barnes was out of contract in the summer too, so I don't see why they'd sell Conway for less than we sold Barnes.

TBH I don't know, but penalties are goals and count just the same as those from open play. Seems a bit of an overreaction on your part to my lighthearted comment.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
One thing I really don't understand is our current transfer budget. We here stories about us being priced out of moves for players yet it doesn't make sense. We were told (by both Bloom and Barber) that the player budget has actually had a slight increase than the budget last season. Last season we didn't spend any excessive money bar the £2million for Ulloa. We also bid £2.5million for van Dijk, meaning that we had that money in the budget. By my maths, that means that this seasons transfer budget would be £4.5million + a slight increase (possibly 500k more) so it should be around £5million. During last summer, I think I'm right in saying the only money we paid out was compensation to MK Dongs for Chicksen. So surley we should have £5million to spend?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here