Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Last edited:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Pretty much every 'Boxing person' believes the judges got it wrong and Joyce should be Olympic champion.

Bensgrandad believes the judges got it right.

Make of that what you will.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Split decision defeat against France's Tony Yoka, but Antony Joshua says he's morally the Olympic champion.
Can't take the shine off our greatest ever Olympics but the lad must be gutted.

I know little about boxing, but I thought JJ had won on every level, couldn't believe the scores at the end of the first round. He was more offensive, going forward, throwing far more punches and while, yes, some were blocked, a lot got through, and he obviously hurt the French guy. Couldn't see how they gave it to Yoka.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I thought the French guy Yoka guy edged it in the third, couldn't argues though with Joyce's work rate but just seemed a bit untidy to me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not just football BG knows nothing about then. Sadly there has been many very very bad decisions in the Boxing this Olympics. Sad state for amateur boxing.

Pretty much every 'Boxing person' believes the judges got it wrong and Joyce should be Olympic champion.

Bensgrandad believes the judges got it right.

Make of that what you will.

I havent read or heard of anybody other than his sparring mate Anthony Joshua sayjng he was robbed. What most posters on here seem to forget is that a board like this is all about opinions which often vary but it doesnt make me or anybody else right or wrong it is an individual opinion and others may not have the same opinion. Some on here agree with me so obviously they know nothing either whether it be football or boxing.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I havent read or heard of anybody other than his sparring mate Anthony Joshua sayjng he was robbed.

I wouldn't have expected you to. However, Boxing is my life. Day in day out i am in boxing gyms surrounded with 'Boxing people' - Everyone i have spoken to believes Joyce should have the Gold. How many people involved in boxing have you spoken to about this?

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but it has about as much value as me disagreeing with NASA about how to launch a space shuttle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that those in your gym are biased as he is from GB unlike the official judges. What did they have .to gain if either had got the decision. They made their decision based on what they saw in real life not on TV as all your friends would have. Being a boxer you must value the fact that the vast majority of his punches hit the Frenchmans arms which are not scoring punches irrespective of why or how but they did.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe that those in your gym are biased as he is from GB unlike the official judges. What did they have .to gain if either had got the decision. They made their decision based on what they saw in real life not on TV as all your friends would have. Being a boxer you must value the fact that the vast majority of his punches hit the Frenchmans arms which are not scoring punches irrespective of why or how but they did.

So no-one can question the judges decision as they watched it live and not on TV? That is basically what you are saying. So therefore using that analogy you must think that The Complete And Utter Shyster was right to send of Dale Stephens against 'Boro.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I believe that those in your gym are biased as he is from GB unlike the official judges.

2 guys from Ireland and one from Belarus are amongst those i have directly spoken to. Seen guys from all over the world on twitter.

They certainly are not biased towards Team GB yet share the opinion that Joyce should have the gold medal.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
So no-one can question the judges decision as they watched it live and not on TV? That is basically what you are saying. So therefore using that analogy you must think that The Complete And Utter Shyster was right to send of Dale Stephens against 'Boro.

And if they had seen it live and think it was the wrong decision, just like Anthony Joshua, BG dismisses them as being biased. Brilliant.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Joyce lost a coin toss in my view. The fight was to close to call in 3 rounds but had it gone on longer the french fella would have won as Joyce would have burnt out

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The first round certainly, I couldn't believe it.

Let's be honest, tt's not beyond the realms of possibility that the judges were biased themselves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 guys from Ireland and one from Belarus are amongst those i have directly spoken to. Seen guys from all over the world on twitter.

They certainly are not biased towards Team GB yet share the opinion that Joyce should have the gold medal.

You and they seem to have conveniently missed the point that most of his punches werent scoring punches as they landed on his opponents arms. Rather surprised at that you all being boxers.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Joyce lost a coin toss in my view. The fight was to close to call in 3 rounds but had it gone on longer the french fella would have won as Joyce would have burnt out
I tend to disagree in that I think Joyce's body shots would have taken their toll in a longer fight and worn the French boxer down.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You and they seem to have conveniently missed the point that most of his punches werent scoring punches as they landed on his opponents arms. Rather surprised at that you all being boxers.

You seem to have conveniently missed the point that Joyce clearly hurt Yoka at least twice in the first round, those shots should have counted towards the scoring a lot more. I believe had the bout been scored under the old clean punches landed Joyce would have edged it. The draw back under the 10 point must system in a 3 round fight, is that it doesn't give much chance to a boxer losing two of the rounds, especially when a standing 8 count often used in the amateur sport, when a boxer is hurt, isn't enough for a 10-8 round. In the pro game the fight would carry on and have a lot bigger chance of a knock down occurring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here