Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Joyce robbed in the boxing?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He threw more and missed more, but also connected more than the Frenchy. Not sure what the judges were watching.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
The French lad had more cleaner punches find the target a lot of Joyces were hitting the arms of the French chap so not scoring. Stupid thing for Joshua to say as the records show the winner as decided by 2 of the 3 judges, morality or ringsiders opinion doesnt come into it.
You know nothing about boxing, the same as you know nothing about football! Stupid comment.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It reminded me of Ali v Foreman with Joyce pummelling arms and gloves. No doubt he would have burned himself out if it went a few more rounds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The French lad had more cleaner punches find the target a lot of Joyces were hitting the arms of the French chap so not scoring. Stupid thing for Joshua to say as the records show the winner as decided by 2 of the 3 judges, morality or ringsiders opinion doesnt come into it.

2 out of the 3 judges thought the same but then they know nothing either.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The French guy, whilst an arrogant **** clearly, was a better boxer. It really is that simple. Joyce would be annihilated boxing like that against most pros in that weight division.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The French guy, whilst an arrogant **** clearly, was a better boxer. It really is that simple. Joyce would be annihilated boxing like that against most pros in that weight division.

He may make some money as a pro but wouldnt get to the top of the heavyweight tree I dont think. Age is not on his side as he is 30 years old which is not old for a heavyweight but may be to start out.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Not just football BG knows nothing about then. Sadly there has been many very very bad decisions in the Boxing this Olympics. Sad state for amateur boxing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, I agree with BG. Thought the French fella won - he didn't punch much but made them count. Joyce had all the pressure and huffed a lot but couldn't really score.

To say that Joyce won because he threw more punches is a bit like saying that Liverpool beat Burnley as they had so much more possession :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
French lad spent the whole fight with his head forward almost butting Joyce and was warned by the ref every 30 seconds.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The volume of punches and work rate was incredible, unlucky not to be Olympic champion :(

If all put into one category there are many more "unlucky not to be Olympic champion" then there are medal winners. It's tough to have a goal and not reach it. OTOH, without goals you wouldn't win ever.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I had Joyce winning, he threw so many more puinches and although the French guy was good at blocking Joyce landed more shots in total imo.

Joyce will really need to step up his game when he goes pro though, his movement and guard were pretty horrendous, against a power puncher he'd get a serious battering.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I heard some Americans were robbed as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here