Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Joe Biden



dsr-burnley

Well-known member
Aug 15, 2014
2,270
yes , mostly Argentinians....my point was/is that NATO and America mainly, have been pushing the envelope with Russia for the last 15 years and the result of that is this war , and now instead of trying to broker a peace deal they are just plying Ukraine with more and more weapons with which to defend themselves and kill Russians in the process, peace was a possibility 9 months ago but now it seems that this war will carry on until there is a ceasefire brokered by some 3rd party , they sent the south african president out there last month and he got sent packing , wtf was all that about...?? it is an abysmal state of affairs.
Abysmal, I agree. But when Ukrainians insist that they have the right to live their own lives and are willing to fight for it, and Russians insist they do not have that right and are willing to fight for that, how can a compromise happen? Peace is a possibility, but only if the Russian government (be it Putin or otherwise) agree that the Ukraine has the right to self determination and democracy.

I agree there have been policy failures, but that doesn't help the position now.
 




sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
17,810
town full of eejits
Abysmal, I agree. But when Ukrainians insist that they have the right to live their own lives and are willing to fight for it, and Russians insist they do not have that right and are willing to fight for that, how can a compromise happen? Peace is a possibility, but only if the Russian government (be it Putin or otherwise) agree that the Ukraine has the right to self determination and democracy.

I agree there have been policy failures, but that doesn't help the position now.
agree mate but there were also a large proportion of ethnic Russians living in Ukraine ....its a fecking mess now , can only hope there is a diplomatic interjection soon but even then huge areas of productive land are buggered for years to come and of course most of a generation of Ukrainian men are wiped out too.

Putin has a fair bit of support outside of Nato nations.
 


dsr-burnley

Well-known member
Aug 15, 2014
2,270
agree mate but there were also a large proportion of ethnic Russians living in Ukraine ....its a fecking mess now , can only hope there is a diplomatic interjection soon but even then huge areas of productive land are buggered for years to come and of course most of a generation of Ukrainian men are wiped out too.

Putin has a fair bit of support outside of Nato nations.
Ethnic Russians? Hitler is dead. Pol Pot is dead. Milosevic is dead. And the idea of ethnic cleansing is surely dead as well, except in the mind of the most evil.

There can be no diplomatic solution to any theory that some people belong to our race so we will kill the ones who are not.
 


sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
17,810
town full of eejits
Ethnic Russians? Hitler is dead. Pol Pot is dead. Milosevic is dead. And the idea of ethnic cleansing is surely dead as well, except in the mind of the most evil.

There can be no diplomatic solution to any theory that some people belong to our race so we will kill the ones who are not.
Rwandan , Timor , liberian conflicts were all quelled because there were not two world superpowers on each side of the war. How do you see this conflict being brought to an end...??
 


Albion my Albion

Well-known member
NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
18,508
Indiana, USA
The infrastructure bill has had a real impact on real people's lives and that will matter a lot to people when it comes to the election.

Exactly, when some of you move around Philadelphia, Atlanta and New Jersey/New York these coming days remember what it would have been like if Trump had continued as president and things weren't getting repaired and replaced.
 






RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
3,507
Vacationland

Real news you can trust.
Rarely see that assessment floated for a Babylon Bee piece...

House GOP ask. House GOP get.

F3RUqzWWoAALr5K.jpeg
 
Last edited:






Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
yes , mostly Argentinians....my point was/is that NATO and America mainly, have been pushing the envelope with Russia for the last 15 years and the result of that is this war , and now instead of trying to broker a peace deal they are just plying Ukraine with more and more weapons with which to defend themselves and kill Russians in the process, peace was a possibility 9 months ago but now it seems that this war will carry on until there is a ceasefire brokered by some 3rd party , they sent the south african president out there last month and he got sent packing , wtf was all that about...?? it is an abysmal state of affairs.
I’ve only just read this, and will claim it as the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever read on Nsc, and that’s saying something.
My StepMum was a Falkland Islander, very much of British descent, as are 98% of the Islanders, the remaining 2% a mixture of Chilean and Argentinian.
When they had a referendum, in 2013, on self determination it was 99.8% with a turnout of 92%, to remain British.
 


sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
17,810
town full of eejits
I’ve only just read this, and will claim it as the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever read on Nsc, and that’s saying something.
My StepMum was a Falkland Islander, very much of British descent, as are 98% of the Islanders, the remaining 2% a mixture of Chilean and Argentinian.
When they had a referendum, in 2013, on self determination it was 99.8% with a turnout of 92%, to remain British.
I’ve only just read this, and will claim it as the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever read on Nsc, and that’s saying something.
are you absolutely sure about that ...?? not sure what a referendum held in 2013 has got to do with what was going on 30 years previous .
 


Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I’m absolutely sure of that. My StepMum was born in 1912 in the Falklands, married my Dad in 1966, and I’ve met several Falkland Islanders over the years.
30 years? The Falklands conflict was 41 years ago.
 




Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
53,243
Faversham
I’ve only just read this, and will claim it as the biggest load of tripe I’ve ever read on Nsc, and that’s saying something.
My StepMum was a Falkland Islander, very much of British descent, as are 98% of the Islanders, the remaining 2% a mixture of Chilean and Argentinian.
When they had a referendum, in 2013, on self determination it was 99.8% with a turnout of 92%, to remain British.
Not allowing an unwanted fact to get in the way of a pleasing narrative does have it's occasional downside :lolol: :thumbsup:
 


sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
17,810
town full of eejits
Yes, I’m absolutely sure of that. My StepMum was born in 1912 in the Falklands, married my Dad in 1966, and I’ve met several Falkland Islanders over the years.
30 years? The Falklands conflict was 41 years ago.
1982 yes , i remember it , one of my brothers mates was there with the SAS , according to him there were plenty of Argentinians on the island when they got there.
But lets bicker about this while the major player in world economics is slowly white anted by a senile old fart .
 






Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
5,103
Mid Sussex
1982 yes , i remember it , one of my brothers mates was there with the SAS , according to him there were plenty of Argentinians on the island when they got there.
But let’s bicker about this while the major player in world economics is slowly white anted by a senile old fart .
I think you’ll find they were the ones that invaded. However did contact one of my ex services mates (RM) who fought in the Falkland’s and his reaction to your comment was “f*** off, he’s taking the piss’. I’ll trust my mate.
 


sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
17,810
town full of eejits
I think you’ll find they were the ones that invaded. However did contact one of my ex services mates (RM) who fought in the Falkland’s and his reaction to your comment was “f*** off, he’s taking the piss’. I’ll trust my mate.
there were Argies and Chileans there working for the Brits mate.....wherever Brits go they get locals to work for them. anyway i'll kill the argument , i'm full of shit and i'm taking the piss.
 




Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports


Top
Link Here