Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Joe Biden

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The US has always been a bit f***ed up.

However their Two Party politics has people's lives on a knife edge.

Republican run States are rolling back on women's rights on abortion. LGBT community are under attack in those States too.

That's the alternative the Americans have to choose from and if Republicans get control in both Houses and the White House. Everyone's Rights will be curtailed except white Christian men. They ey are not hiding the laws they plan to bring in.

The whole world should be fearing a Republican Presidency in 2024 because it will embolden extremist right wing parties around the world because Americans will fund them.

For the most part I'm usually optimistic but I'd Democracy gets eroded world wide it will be extremely difficult to get it back because they will start to try and fix Elections by any means at their disposal.
I said last year, Johnson was trying to alter the fixed term for Parliament to ten years rather than four, and was shouted down by a Tory voter on here. Fortunately, he was forced to resign over Pincher, but then things went from bad to worse under Truss.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The US has always been a bit f***ed up.

However their Two Party politics has people's lives on a knife edge.

Republican run States are rolling back on women's rights on abortion. LGBT community are under attack in those States too.

That's the alternative the Americans have to choose from and if Republicans get control in both Houses and the White House. Everyone's Rights will be curtailed except white Christian men. They ey are not hiding the laws they plan to bring in.

The whole world should be fearing a Republican Presidency in 2024 because it will embolden extremist right wing parties around the world because Americans will fund them.

For the most part I'm usually optimistic but I'd Democracy gets eroded world wide it will be extremely difficult to get it back because they will start to try and fix Elections by any means at their disposal.
Mate , really , you should be far more concerned with what is going on in Britain and Europe currently ....politically and socially , Europe is becoming a basket case EU representatives calling out the council at their own assemblies for overbearing , bullying tactics and forced immigration , it may not end well at a all.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mate , really , you should be far more concerned with what is going on in Britain and Europe currently ....politically and socially , Europe is becoming a basket case EU representatives calling out the council at their own assemblies for overbearing , bullying tactics and forced immigration , it may not end well at a all.
I'm concerned about that to but that's not what this thread is about

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m not convinced politicians in England have been great on all sides over the last 10 years or so . However I accept over the pond have been even worse . Trump !!! Biden also isn’t the president most hoped for.

Clinton was probably the last decent president who actually did stuff and effected real change rather than just talking out it .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
as you wish H ...i find the whole USA , NATO , UKRAINE , RUSSIA , UK situation an absolute clusterfuck of contemporary , political chicanery.....the U.S has done to Russia exactly what Russia did with Cuba , they have provoked a reaction from Putin from the other side of the Atlantic , a very safe distance away , they have left Britain and Europe well and truly in the firing line , i'm not saying Putin is blameless at all but ffs , American foreign interference is a blight on the globe.

Putin commits genocide, illegal waging of war, behind the systematic rape of Ukrainian children. And has been since 2014.

Well documented and spoken about by the Ukrainian refugee in our family.

In the free world only a few nut jobs of the right and far left deny this, in brainless, heartless whataboutery.

Putin is a war criminal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Putin commits genocide, illegal waging of war, behind the systematic rape of Ukrainian children. And has been since 2014.

In the free world only a few nut jobs of the right and far left and Roger Waters deny this, in brainless, heartless whataboutery.

Putin is a war criminal.
Corrected for you.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

In the free world only a few nut jobs of the right and far left deny this, in brainless, heartless whataboutery.

Putin is a war criminal.
as are Blair , Bush and Obama....... ask your refugee about the persecution and murder of ethnic Russians by Ukraine special forces....that's not an attempt to start an argument , Britain went to war over rock outcrop and 12 million penguins....

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
For all this rubbish about personalities, the administration has done an awful lot considering the mess they inherited in January 2021 with the failed response to Covid. The infrastructure bill has had a real impact on real people's lives and that will matter a lot to people when it comes to the election. All the culture war stuff is fine for the press and generates clicks, hatred of others and fear of different people. That's a very shallow argument being peddled by selfish people and the reality is that regular people on the streets will understand the difference in option between competence and boring practicality and what the Republican cultures of personality offer - more chaos and timewasting. They're not capable of building the country.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
as are Blair , Bush and Obama....... ask your refugee about the persecution and murder of ethnic Russians by Ukraine special forces....that's not an attempt to start an argument , Britain went to war over rock outcrop and 12 million penguins....

The geopolitics arguments of @Swansman and you (well, everyone's as bad as each, aren't they?), is bollocks. They aren't. It's the same as saying well the Sudeten Germans weren't treated well by the Bohemians, or well historically Poland has belonged to Prussia once, to justify the Nazis.

We've a Ukrainian refugee in our family. The stories of suffering, rape, murder from Putin's SS-equivalent and their like minded henchmen over the last 9 years are disgusting, sad, pure evil. Before the illegal invasions, Putin did this to several other independent states in the Caucasus. This includes the rape of very young children.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The geopolitics arguments of @Swansman and you (well, everyone's as bad as each, aren't they?), is bollocks. They aren't. It's the same as saying well the Sudeten Germans weren't treated well by the Bohemians, or well historically Poland has belonged to Prussia once, to justify the Nazis.

We've a Ukrainian refugee in our family. The stories of suffering, rape, murder from Putin's SS-equivalent and their like minded henchmen over the last 9 years are disgusting, sad, pure evil. Before the illegal invasions, Putin did this to several other independent states in the Caucasus. This includes the rape of very young children.
Blair , Bush and Obama are a lot more contemporary than the other 2 situations you mention ........no war is good , no war is justifiable , to those who aren't involved .......my father in law fought a war in the 70's and 80's , my father fought a war in the 40's , both said they hoped it was something their children or grandchildren never had to go through.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
" Joe...........Joe........Joe.......Joe......Joe.......................no.....no one in.......try again a bit later "

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It’s the best he can do.

Whilst the ultra right Trump supporters post videos like this in an attempt to ridicule a near senile and elderly career politician who have never been found to have committed a crime, American prosecutors press more and more genuine charges against their hero Trump who will surely spend the rest of his life in jail once justice catches up with him.
The threat of jail will almost certainly see Trump re-elected.

Look at the polls - quite frightening.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I suppose you aren't the only one to forget that human beings live on the Falkland Islands as well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I suppose you aren't the only one to forget that human beings live on the Falkland Islands as well.
yes , mostly Argentinians....my point was/is that NATO and America mainly, have been pushing the envelope with Russia for the last 15 years and the result of that is this war , and now instead of trying to broker a peace deal they are just plying Ukraine with more and more weapons with which to defend themselves and kill Russians in the process, peace was a possibility 9 months ago but now it seems that this war will carry on until there is a ceasefire brokered by some 3rd party , they sent the south african president out there last month and he got sent packing , wtf was all that about...?? it is an abysmal state of affairs.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
yes , mostly Argentinians....my point was/is that NATO and America mainly, have been pushing the envelope with Russia for the last 15 years and the result of that is this war , and now instead of trying to broker a peace deal they are just plying Ukraine with more and more weapons with which to defend themselves and kill Russians in the process, peace was a possibility 9 months ago but now it seems that this war will carry on until there is a ceasefire brokered by some 3rd party , they sent the south african president out there last month and he got sent packing , wtf was all that about...?? it is an abysmal state of affairs.
you’d be a very brave man to tell a Falkland Islander that they were Argentinian.
There will be no peace whilst Putin is in charge as he’s cannot be trusted to abide by any agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here