• Calling it for Trump

Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You can get Sleepy Joe for 1.63 on the exchanges. That is crazy, given his national ratings and even though it may be closer in some swing states, his implied chance would be more like 85-90% (more like 1.1-1.15 on exchanges.

Fill. Your. Boots.

Yeah I'm all in.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Debatable. Biden should win but the fact it’s still being debated at this late stage shows what a divide there is in America and the fact the democratic candidate is weak. If they’d chosen a better candidate this would have been an absolute cakewalk IMO, Trumps position seems untenable yet I genuinely believe he could still win.

Biden hasn’t exactly helped himself during the election campaign either, he’s come across as a bit of a bumbling fool at times, most of his campaign work seems to have been done by celebrities and Obama.

It could be I am just hopeful. The main issue is Biden's age. Faculties can go quickly. It makes no sense. So just add that to the list.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Tried to have a bet (accumulator) on getting all 50 States correct but can't find anyone to take the bet.

Any suggestions.....

a 50 way accumulator? Probably nobody would take the bet as you'd end up owning the bookies if it came off

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You get the impression that with all the boarding up of windows across America they are inviting one hell of a shitfest.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Those of you who are planning to stay up late for some/all of it - what coverage are you watching?

I quite like watching the American programming for this - horrible glitzy logos and big primary colours everywhere. I want something centre-left (by US standards...) - recommendations?

Centre-left? You'll be lucky, Mellotron!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thanks.

One of the earliest announcers is Florida - if that goes blue, most commentators suggest those of us who want a President Biden can go ahead and get some sleep. If not, could be a long night...

Do we know when that is likely to be, UK time?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do we know when that is likely to be, UK time?

The Guardian link I posted is a good guide - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ion-2020-presidential-what-time-results-guide

"7pm ET (4pm PT, midnight GMT, 11am AEDT)

Just like that, things get exciting. The 7pm hour sees most polls close in the titanically important state of Florida, which counts votes quickly – except when it doesn’t. As results begin to come in, look for election wonks (here’s a Twitter list) to begin raising their eyebrows significantly at whether Trump is matching his 2016 margins in this county or that. This is when election night can really start to feel one way or the other, so, expect emotions."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hopefully this will be allowed on The Big Board.

It's showtime. In parts of the world the match has formally kicked off and over a million goals have already been scored, but who will come top.

Will Sleepy Joe take the victory many predict or will Fake News Donald pull it out of the bag at the last moment? It's still too tight to call and we may not have a result for days. Much to the dismay of Americans, this could be like a Test Match Special, except with guns (we hope not).

No doubt most of us will not know the result until the wee hours, but for those night owls (and those around the world) shall we put the Trump thread to one side and use this to focus on Election night? After all, in the interests of parity, at least the thread has Biden's name in the title.

Let the votes be counted.

Oh, I thought the poll was who do we think will win rather than who do we want to win.

May I have a recount please? I think my chad may be hanging.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think Biden will win the popular vote with ease and win a majority electoral college votes too. But there'll be appeals in all the states that Trump loses and lots of votes will be discounted, leading to Trump sneaking it

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think Biden will win the popular vote with ease and win a majority electoral college votes too. But there'll be appeals in all the states that Trump loses and lots of votes will be discounted, leading to Trump sneaking it

Oh please Gwylan. Don't bloomin' say that. I was allowing myself some optimism.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another early reporting state to watch is North Carolina

15 electoral seats.

Considered by some a “must win” for President Trump. If he loses here, it could signal the Republican's stronghold over the south is slipping.

Polls close 7.30 pm local time (12.30 pm GMT). The state expects to report initial results as the polls close, due to the high number of early voters.

Latest polls have Biden as a slight favourite, 64 to 36.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Trump needs to lose very narrowly (like Gore-Bush) for that to have any chance of working.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh please Gwylan. Don't bloomin' say that. I was allowing myself some optimism.

Mitch McConnell has been planning that for the best part of 10 years.

I would be amazed if this is 'over' when we think it's over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here