• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Words fail me.

I should be writing 'unbelievable', but:-

'hair dye running down face'

was the even money favourite for the 'next joke thing to happen in this election'.

Cue everyone running to watch the final scene of Death in Venice

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not following this shit anymore. Anyone know whats up in Georgia? Bet365 still wont pay up for my "Democrats to win in Georgia" bet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not following this shit anymore. Anyone know whats up in Georgia? Bet365 still wont pay up for my "Democrats to win in Georgia" bet.

Georgia’s in a recount isn’t it?

The bookies don’t seem to be paying up on any congressional or president bets. Possibly waiting until the Electoral College rubber stamp all the results. At the moment these are just counts, ‘called’ by media outlets.

I’m waiting for a sizeable sum on the Democrats winning the House.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Georgia’s in a recount isn’t it?

The bookies don’t seem to be paying up on any congressional or president bets. Possibly waiting until the Electoral College rubber stamp all the results. At the moment these are just counts, ‘called’ by media outlets.

I’m waiting for a sizeable sum on the Democrats winning the House.

I lost my "Trump to win the US Election" bet (didnt really believe it would happen but the 6.00 odds the day before elections were too good) so I imagine they paid out to people betting the Democrats to win.

Oh well, guess it means I will have to wait for those Georgia money for a while.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm watching "Against The Tides" which is an amazing and interesting documentary. Nothing to do with this stuff, but I'll catch up on it after......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I lost my "Trump to win the US Election" bet (didnt really believe it would happen but the 6.00 odds the day before elections were too good) so I imagine they paid out to people betting the Democrats to win.

Oh well, guess it means I will have to wait for those Georgia money for a while.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing. In the panicky night of results when betting markets suggested Trump had won a shock victory, I recall conversing with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] about the markets/odds versus real world outcomes. At that point Biden winning might’ve have gone from 1.05 decimal (awful) to 2.0. What an opportunity to double your money!

I lost a bet on a Democrat senate majority.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

My Georgia came in today.

6a9cfb908dc0b5636b67d7f3990e904b.png

How much longer will yours be left out in the cold? X

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing. In the panicky night of results when betting markets suggested Trump had won a shock victory, I recall conversing with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] about the markets/odds versus real world outcomes. At that point Biden winning might’ve have gone from 1.05 decimal (awful) to 2.0. What an opportunity to double your money!

I lost a bet on a Democrat senate majority.
Vote Leave was 15.00 on Betfair just before I went to bed.

Still annoys me that I didn't click the button on the £100 saver. Just seemed too ridiculous.

Only found out after, obviously, that it was Nige shorting the pound. Patriot that he is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vote Leave was 15.00 on Betfair just before I went to bed.

Still annoys me that I didn't click the button on the £100 saver. Just seemed too ridiculous.

Only found out after, obviously, that it was Nige shorting the pound. Patriot that he is.

Was that in the count night?

I remember this rollercoaster, measured by Farage’s ugly mutt.

1. Smug at 10pm, probably relieved that they were in the game at all.
2. An hour or two later, ashen, shell shocked.
3. 5am, arrogant, the full Thunderbirds Parker look.

Was that how it happened?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Was that in the count night?

I remember this rollercoaster, measured by Farage’s ugly mutt.

1. Smug at 10pm, probably relieved that they were in the game at all.
2. An hour or two later, ashen, shell shocked.
3. 5am, arrogant, the full Thunderbirds Parker look.

Was that how it happened?
Yes.

He announced that they'd lost. The markets went mental.

He'd already had enough exit poll information to say that they'd won/it was really close. So he was lying.

Lots of people made a fortune. I didn't.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...w-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes.

He announced that they'd lost. The markets went mental.

He'd already had enough exit poll information to say that they'd won/it was really close. So he was lying.

Lots of people made a fortune. I didn't.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...w-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash

Astonishing sums and running their own polls!

The first politics bet I had was at last year’s GE. With local knowledge it was obvious that Peter Kyle was going to walk Hove, he’s incredibly popular, only Momentum commissars hate him and they tried to oust him. Whilst the betting markets had Hove as a tight tussle with the Tories.

Kyle got more than double the Tory vote and I made a few £100.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

The first politics bet I had was at last year’s GE. With local knowledge it was obvious that Peter Kyle was going to walk Hove, he’s incredibly popular, only Momentum commissars hate him and they tried to oust him. Whilst the betting markets had Hove as a tight tussle with the Tories.

That's very minor insider trading in comparison to good old Nige and his pals.

Amazes me that some people still see him as someone who cares about the country. Instead of a chancing spiv who's made a fortune from lying.

But I suppose it's difficult to admit that you're wrong when you've invested so much into believing a bullshitting thief. It might make you question your own intelligence, and nobody likes to do that.

So, Donald Trump......

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I won my Biden to win at 9/5 placed at c08.30GMT. Thanks to [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] for the regular posting of odds. I'd heard of the red mirage although, that said, NSC introduced me to the red wave, and now the red hair dye.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Biden declared the winner in Georgia after the recount.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55006188

Georgia has a Republican state government from top to bottom at present, which has found no evidence of the electoral fraud that the Trump campaign has alleged even after a full recount.

Says it all, I think.

And yet Trumps cronies still wont accept the result! They wanted a recount...got a recount....but again cry foul because its still not in their favour! Unbelievable.

"Georgia's historic first statewide audit reaffirmed that the state's new secure paper ballot voting system accurately counted and reported results," Mr Raffensberger, a Republican, said in a statement.

"This is a credit to the hard work of our county and local elections officials who moved quickly to undertake and complete such a momentous task in a short period of time."

The recount found the error rate was no greater than 0.73% in any county and Mr Biden's margin of victory over Mr Trump remained at under 0.5%. The results will be certified on Friday.

Trump campaign senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis said the audit had gone "exactly as we expected" because, she said without evidence, the state had recounted illegal ballots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here