Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Bennett

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
This must be like a dream for you BG. A thread about a left back. I thought for what its worth Mattock was pretty poor here and Bennett is a tough one to judge on his time in a bad Brighton side

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The way they are signing players and the fact that they have closed a 13 point gap to 2 suggests it may soon be Sheffield Wednesday :down:

As I suggested a month a go they are a real threat to our place in the playoffs. Their owners are determined to get to the Premier League and are willing to throw money at it. Their team scores for fun :down:

Yeh I agree & have thought they'd be a threat all along. They're still Sheffield Wednesday :lol: regardless of what they do though!

Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Bennett was a woeful defender, his positional sense was absolutely non existent. Constantly drifting into the middle when he wasn't stuck up field.

theboybilly

I though he was OK

He was ok. It seems a fair few have forgot just how decent Albion were in defence last season for such a lowly league position. Yes a lot of the football was dire but once Hughton came in and seemed to appreciate the 'must not lose' games like Millwall away we were sound at the back. Half a dozen extra goals scored here and there would have seen us mid-table (ish)
Bennett was as responsible for our good defensive displays as was Dunk or Greer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here