Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Bennett

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Right - For all the people who think he was so good going forward, find one clip of him getting beyond the fullback and putting a cross in for us last season. He would occasionally cut inside, but would normally get furthest forward and then just lay it back for the wide midfielder.

(Sets himself up for an almighty fall :D: :dunce:)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He would boom forward and then get caught out of posistion. Could have been down to the way Hyppia wanted us to play.

I thought he got worse after Hughton arrived, none more so than his performance at home to Norwich.

Joe Bennett played for his own opta stats. He was on loan and he played the loan game. No doubt his stat sheet his agent could take back looked decent, his contribution in games however was truly lacking. Too many sideways passes, never took a risk, rarely overlapped. He just looked after himself and even that he didn't do very well.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Right - For all the people who think he was so good going forward, find one clip of him getting beyond the fullback and putting a cross in for us last season. He would occasionally cut inside, but would normally get furthest forward and then just lay it back for the wide midfielder.

(Sets himself up for an almighty fall :D: :dunce:)

Here's one for Tex's 2nd

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Please get him and please put him up against Knockaert down here. It will be so hilarious we'll have run out of :lolol: emotions by the 90th minute.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He was all right. Surprised that he's 25, looked about 18. Bit skinny and very pacey

Defensively not as bad as some make out, but decent going forward.

Definitely had the SHARPEST haircut.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The criticism of him on here is unjust as he did a job for us and I would have been more than happy to have got him back when Bong got injured. There are plenty worse at left back and we have 2.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Could do a job for The Owls but just don't rely on him being in position if you lose the ball when you're in the opposition's half! Great attacker but leaves a bit to be desired at the back. I wouldn't be overjoyed at his return to the Albion, but if you can fit him into your side with extra cover down his flank, he might be worth a punt.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Joe Mattock twice the defender that Bennett is and you got rid of him, Mattock not so good going forward, but I do recall him scoring at Blackpool.

Bennett not a very good player, but does have two tricks which the crowd will enjoy, then quickly tire of as he loses possession soon after.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The criticism of him on here is unjust as he did a job for us and I would have been more than happy to have got him back when Bong got injured. There are plenty worse at left back and we have 2.

I couldn't disagree more and would never want him back, simply hopeless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most of the girls seem to like him............but (playing in a crap team with daft tactics aside) he didn't look like much of a defender while he was here. Don't think Calde has done any worse a job playing out of position. Bong is absolutely streets ahead of Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here