Jobs for a 16 year old

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
If you are in Hove I think Toys R Us and the Post Office sorting office in Norton Road accept applications for Christmas weeks extra staff at this time.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Anyone fancy giving me a hand if they know of any jobs around in Brighton; or any possible paths to go down to look for employment?

Rent boy?

Na seriously...

1) be persistant with jobs and lower your standards to get anything. A foot in the door is good. However a partime job somewhere like sainsburys will offer good career progression in time if you are good.

2) Get a good CV together.

3) Mate if your grades are that good go to college and have a part time weekend/evening job. A-Levels is all almost a minimun requirement in most jobs...

4) If college isnt a route you want to go in start an apprentership in somthing (plumbing etc)

5) Call Zoe too. Sounds promising.

Good Luck

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Just give your CV into literally everywhere; but make sure you ask for the manager or someone high up otherwise it will never be seen again. I looked for ages and not once did I get a call back from someone. Eventually I got a job as a waiter at Hove Museum cafe through my mum as she works at the Pavillion. You just can't be afraid to ask and be rejected otherwise you'll never get a job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports