Jobs for a 16 year old

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Anyone fancy giving me a hand if they know of any jobs around in Brighton; or any possible paths to go down to look for employment?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where do you live and how far are you prepared to travel ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread could take a wrong turn, quickly.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Well I wish you nothing but bad luck as I am looking for a job and I'm the same age (Sorry, I don't mean it really). I've been searching ever since I left school and I can't find one. And you know it's a bad time to find jobs when KFC won't employ you. I've been searching more in the Lewes area though, although I have applied for jobs in Brighton and Newhaven. And it's not even as if I got bad grades at school, I passed every subject, got mostly Bs and an A in maths.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Sorry to hear 'countryman', you'll find something soon. I live in Brighton so that would be ideal. As for the wrong turn, without Danny Seagull I think I'm safe!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone fancy giving me a hand if they know of any jobs around in Brighton; or any possible paths to go down to look for employment?

Well I wish you nothing but bad luck as I am looking for a job and I'm the same age (Sorry, I don't mean it really). I've been searching ever since I left school and I can't find one. And you know it's a bad time to find jobs when KFC won't employ you. I've been searching more in the Lewes area though, although I have applied for jobs in Brighton and Newhaven. And it's not even as if I got bad grades at school, I passed every subject, got mostly Bs and an A in maths.
Keep plugging away chaps, I'm sure it'll come good if you're industrious enough.

Are your CV's up to scratch?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

Grades dont mean alot these days in standard jobs, experience and ability means lots and is what is looked for on CV's.

Good luck anyhow

How about going to McDonalds and learning what it's like to work?

It's not a career, it doesn't pay well, but it will give you a clue about what it's like to have to have to go to work every day.

This is not a dig or a go at McDonalds staff but my nephew wanted to work and that's what he did. gave him a very good grounding.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Dont get a job with Azure---they will feck you about and you will only get abuse from the managers then the fans (not your fault)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
set the sainsbury's job website as your home page and refresh it every few hours. that's how i got a job when i was 16 and it took a couple of weeks for something to appear. You fill in an online questionnaire and then you are likely to get an interview. If you get an interview you have to do another 'test', you just have to answer either Strongly agree or strongly disagree (don't sit on the fence) and the highest scores in the test get the job basically.

Its a stupid way of doing it but that's how they do it, just give it a go.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
SIMMO SAYS; said:
Dont get a job with Azure---they will feck you about and you will only get abuse from the managers then the fans (not your fault)

couldn't agree less, in you have common sense 'C' grade or better get in at the bottom with them & you'll find no'one in your way blocking a route to the very top

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could go to Thailand. I've heard 16 year old boys are in high demand over there. You are a boy right?
And there we have it, my faith in NSC restored.

You could go to Thailand. I've heard 16 year old boys are in high demand over there. You are a boy right?

Just because that's what you go to Thailand for doesn't mean everyone else does.

Give my regards to Mr Glitter next time you have hm over for dinner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My nephew decided he didn't want to go to university when he was 18, and started looking for work. Eventually he got a temporary Christmas job at Argos, did very well as he was willing to work hard and was then offered a management course with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports